View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  Get the start time of a JOB using SARBCH

Posted Oct 31, 2016 04:34 AM

I am able to retrieve the SAR details of the jobs using SARBCH utility. Along with the Arch Time I am looking to get the Start time of the jobs.

Currently I have list of 50 Jobs. I tried to give PRINT ID = ABC, BANNER = SYSMSG, DDNAME = REPORT1, GEN=*

This doesn't seem to work.

The idea is to get the SYSMSG of the jobs into the REPORT1 and then using sort cards, to copy the job name, JOBID and start time to different file.

By using the above mentioned code, I am getting error for GEN=*.

Could anyone suggest a way out? Is it possible to get all the SYSMSG of all the occurances of ABC JOB into one report? If this is not the right way, then please suggest me how can I get the start time of all the runs of ABC job?

• 2.  Re: Get the start time of a JOB using SARBCH
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 17, 2016 08:53 AM

Hello Prajeesh,

In regards to your posted question if you run SARINIT and specify Feature=15 it will activate the display of panels to show job start date/time, end date/time, and system id.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Roxanne Richardson

CA Support

The following information is located in the System Reference Guide for CA View.  

FEATURE=15

Activates the display of panels to display job start date/time, end date/time, and system id, when turned on.

• 3.  Re: Get the start time of a JOB using SARBCH

Posted Dec 01, 2016 03:58 AM

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks for your reply. I have never used SARINIT. Is it a utility as of SARBCH? Do we have separate  documentation for it?

If yes, please share, it will be of great help for me.

Thanks,

Prajeesh

• 4.  Re: Get the start time of a JOB using SARBCH

Posted Dec 01, 2016 11:49 AM

Hello Prajeesh,

The SARINIT program reads a set of parameter statements.

For a new database, SARINIT initializes a new Master Control Record (MCR) and writes it out to the master index. If a statement for one of the parameters is omitted, the default values are used.

For an existing database, SARINIT updates the existing MCR.

Any parameter for which a statement is provided is set to the value supplied.

Any parameter for which no statement is supplied remains unchanged.

If a parameter statement is supplied without a value, the parameter is set to its default value.

You must stop the archival started task (SARSTC) before you change any parameters in its master index.

Further details are listed in the CA View Reference Guide.

Regards,

Roxanne Richardson
    CA Senior Support Rep.

• 5.  Re: Get the start time of a JOB using SARBCH

Posted Jan 06, 2017 11:22 AM

Thanks for your answer about this question but i've got a similiar needs but a little bit different, i would like to extract in a flat file start date/time and End date/time of jobs, i used adlist job or sarch job to extract flat file from VIEW database but i am not able to obtain  End data/time.

do you have a solution for this needs ?

Many thanks for your help

Regards

ERIC LABARRE

• 6.  Re: Get the start time of a JOB using SARBCH

Posted Jan 09, 2017 01:26 AM

Hi Eric.

Are you able to extract the Start date/Time using Adlist pgm? If yes, then you can combine both Adlist and SARBCH to get the required detail.

I have never used Adlist, so not aware of the details. SARBCH does capture the end time. If ADLIST captrues the start time, using ICETOOL or Basic SORT we can combine the result and get both of them in same.

NOTE: Do share how the basic adlist works

Regards,

Prajeesh