Definitions in VSAM-files ADMIN1 and ADMIN2 can be copied from one ADMIN-file to another using this approach:
1. Stop the TPX from which you do the EXTRACT and the REPRO to avoid data corruption.
2. Create a backup of both ADMIN-files (source and target)!
3. Reorg the ADMIN-file using IDCAMS REPRO to remove the as-deleted marked records.
4. Extract the desired data using TPXBATCH-Job EXTRACT-Statement into a pre-defined Extract file (FB, RECLEN as long as the maximum recordsize of the VSAM-File):- Extract all Profiles: EXTRACT GIVING(EXTFILE) PROFILE AND ALL SESSIONS (PIDXNAME (--------)) - Extract all ACT-Definitions in table PROD: EXTRACT GIVING(EXTFILE) ACT (ACTNAME(PROD))
5. Take the EXTFILE and REPRO it into the other ADMIN-file using IDCAMS: REPRO INFILE(EXTFILE) OUTFILE(ADMIN2) REPLACE
6. Do a RESET INTEGRITY for the ADMIN-file into the data was added.
7. Restart both TPX-Regions if desired.
To backup your valuable Data which is stored in the five files ADMIN1, ADMIN2, MAIL, NOTES and VIEW you can use the job 'hlq.CB0VJCL(VBACKUP)'. It REPRO's these five VSAM-files into Sequential backups. If you do not use TPXMAIL, TPXNOTES and/or TPXVIEW you can remove the related files from that job.