Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Super Approver Ideas?

Posted Feb 18, 2021 01:32 PM
    Hi all! 

I'm looking for ideas.... first the "what"....

As an Endevor Administrator, I want to define a failsafe approver group (external? internal?) that is automatically included in all packages but whose approval is not normally required so that the failsafe approver group can provide approvals for any package in the event there is no one available to approve from the regular approver group(s). 

In essence, what I need is a Super Approver Group with a quorum set to 0 so that it is not normally required..... and yet has the authority to ripple an approval across all approver groups assigned to a package. 

Any thoughts??? 

My first idea was to set the super approver group definition as a userid within each of the regular approver groups... but that doesn't work (at least not with internal groups)...

------------------------------
    Consultant
    John D Consulting Inc.

• 2.  RE: Super Approver Ideas?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2021 11:49 AM

Hello John.

A portion of your idea resembles what you can get for an Emergency Package. When a package is Cast as an Emergency package, then those emergency approvals not normally required, act as failsafe approver(s) when there is no one available to approve from the regular approver group(s).

A few Endevor sites have a rather formal process for the emergency change made outside of business hours. An emergency package is expected, and the developer would be required to "check out" an emergency Userid to perform the Approval (and Execution?) of the package. I am not sure what it is called, but the Userid checkout procedure collects and logs personal information package information and comment text from the developer. Maybe others can shed more light on this (or their) emergency procedure.

• 3.  RE: Super Approver Ideas?

Posted Feb 24, 2021 03:29 PM
    Hi Mr. John, 
    My first thought is to create a Package Approver Userid with only that permission. Add that to every Approver Group you have. Voila! You now have a Super Package Approver. If you go to approve a package with that ID, it should approve for all groups it is in - all at once.

• 4.  RE: Super Approver Ideas?

Posted Feb 25, 2021 10:15 AM
    Edited by Bruce Jandernoa Feb 25, 2021 10:17 AM
    Hi John,
    I've been asking for years that they provide a Quorum of Approver Groups in addition to the Quorum for each specific Approver Group.    
    If they provided that then we could set the "Quorum of Approver Groups" to be 1 and have multiple Approver Groups that are each defined with a Quorum > 0 that are related for approval while allowing any 1 of them to suffice the Approval.    Currently all Approver Groups with a quorum > 0 that are related, must be sufficed.
    Bruce Jandernoa
    Auto-Owners Insurance Co.