Endevor

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

managing WSDL in Endevor

• 1.  managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 25, 2020 11:42 AM

We would like to hear if someone is using Endevor for WSDL and how it works for you.

We would like to maintain WSDL, XSD and generate WSBIND files with Endevor and having a WSPARM file with parameters for the bind.

Our tools are  IDz and Carma interface.

Even if you don't have exactly that set up it would be interesting to hear how you think it is working for you. And if you felt it was hard to get it to work.

• 2.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 25, 2020 02:29 PM
    Is there source and output executables for WSDL, XSD and generate WSBIND❓

------------------------------
    Phil Gineo
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Aetna / CVS Health
    Hartford Connecticut USA

• 3.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:52 AM
    Hello

Thanks a lot for taking interest in my question!

WSDL and XSD are sources. The idea is to have the WSDL and XSD as input to  generate a WSBIND file. So the WSBIND file will be the executables.

BR
    Karin

• 4.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 26, 2020 03:12 AM
    Our engineers build their WSBINDs outside of Endevor, we've created a WSBIND type and they add them in and promote them as normal. It works just fine.

• 5.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2020 08:14 AM
    Endevor set up is similar to what Edward Marks have stated above, application team builds it outside of Endevor then add the WSBIND 

Changes to Endevor to support this:
    > Site Symbolics were used to include the HLQ of the directory
    > &C1COMMENT set to allow lower case characters and is used in the processor to include the directory to write the wsbind. 
    > Base is a USS directory, Delta is an ELIB
    > Type defined with source length of 32000 with compare from 1 to 1; USS RECFM ==>NL
    > Generate Processor - CONWRITE to take the source and write to a TEMP file;  ENUSSUTL utility to support the copy of Temp file to the staged directory/files
    > MOVE processor - ENUSSUTL to copy from &C1SSTAGE to &C1STAGE directory/file 
    > Shipment destinations define the HOST and REMOTE directory 

I hope this helps.

Software Engineer
    Enterprise Technology
    Fiserv
    Ky, USA

• 6.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 26, 2020 11:18 AM
    Thanks a lot! This will be good to have if we go for this solution or if we modify your solution to our needs.

• 7.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 26, 2020 11:08 AM
    Thank you very much for sharing this information. It is very good to hear how other companies works.

BR
    Karin

• 8.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Feb 27, 2020 07:04 AM
    Edited by Emlyn Williams Feb 27, 2020 07:38 AM
    We manage XSDs and WSDL source in Endevor​. The XSD is just source (like a copybook) so needs no processing other than writing to an Endevor controlled USS directory. XSDs are copied to a common directory along with the WSDL source for generating. When a user generates a WSDL element our generate processor invokes a rexx exec that executes the CICS WebServices Assistant to create the WSBIND file  and the copybooks. These WSBIND and copybook outputs are moved up the lifecycle along with the WSDL element in the same way that a Cobol element would move its load module. We use a mixture of WSDL element processor group and a separate WSDLPARM element to manage the CWSA execution parameters.
    So it is possible but it was a lot of effort to get everything working.

• 9.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Mar 18, 2020 01:17 PM
    Hello Emlyn,

Thank you so much for answering.

I would think we are heading for that direction.

We actually met in Prague in 2018. I guess this will not happen this year with the Corona virus around.

I would like to ask you a few more question, and I would be very happy if you have the opportunity to answer.

1. The WSDL and XSD type in Endevor do you use the new features in Endevor ? 
    Long Element name  (ex: POOrderNrDelivInfoService_v1_0)

2 Do you store this type into USS files direct from Endevor ?No MVS dataset in between?
    Are you using the batch interface to ADD the element? 

3 How do developer EDIT the WSDL/XSD ?

BR
    Karin

• 10.  RE: managing WSDL in Endevor

Posted Mar 20, 2020 07:45 AM
    Hi Karin,
    1. Yes we use ISPF longname. A lot of our WSDL/XSD users still use CMEW, but we are trying to move them over to Eclipse and decommission CMEW.
    2. Correct, we don't use PDSs. As above developers tend to use CMEW to ADD elements.
    3. The developers use off host editors to edit the WSDLs and XSDs. VSCode seems to be popular, even Notepad.

Phon has detailed how to set up USS in Endevor. I would also add that if you use packages and package backout, then the base directory should be a directory that is not visible to developers. Use the source output feature in type definition to write the file out to a directory that developers can see. If you do this then backout works the same as it would for normal elements. We do this for our production stage only.

Emlyn​