Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Bypass Generate Processor

Posted May 07, 2019 05:06 PM

Hi,

Can someone please provide verification that if you have your Processor Group set up with a 'G' for moves, you can't create SCL with Bypass Generate Processor in that stage to move it to the next stage?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Bypass Generate Processor
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2019 08:48 AM

I will "confirm" it. The MOVE statement (per the manuals and per the ISPF screen) does not support nor build nor allow BYPASS GENERATE.... which makes complete sense.

Maybe a quick refresher...? When you specify MOVE for the MOVE action, you execute the processor at the SOURCE stage. When you specify GENERATE for the MOVE action, you execute the processor at the TARGET stage. 

MOVE is one of the most beautiful actions an Endevor Administrator can enforce/ensure  ! Unlike TRANSFER, which allows the developer to do an incredible amount of damage in a shockingly short amount of time, the activity on what happens when you MOVE can be controlled and checked. They are predictable, repeatable, and always performed. 

I've always been of the opinion that if you use TRANSFER on a regular basis, you have a problem with your map(s) (or, less frequently, your TYPE naming convention). In fact, I tend to go further and suggest only Endevor Administrators be given the ability to use TRANSFER. 

• 3.  Re: Bypass Generate Processor

Posted May 08, 2019 12:02 PM

Thanks John.  That was my understanding, but I thank you very much for providing the verification :-)