Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Endevor Websphere Deployment?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:26 AM

Anyone developed a deployment (generate, move) processor to handle JAR and WAR files in Endevor? Or for that matter, storing JAVA as an element type in HFS files? If so, could you please contact me or post here?

Thanks! I'm sure this will be of great interest to the community....

• 2.  Re: Endevor Websphere Deployment?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:11 PM

No Websphere, USS only.  JAVA each with a package statement and text JAR files identifying the packages to be compiled to create a binary JAR file with the last line creating the main JAR file.  We also support binary JAR files transferred from SCM repository of other platforms.  We are trying binary EAR files that are decompressed for the first time next week.  No support for WAR files yet.  Our processors execute UNIX scripts that I wrote.  We require packages for entry stage actions and our package exit changes to the alternate ID for security.  Looking forward to implementing a newer release of V18 for long name support later this year, we are currently release 2.  If you want more details contact me.  I think it is better for developers to do their JAVA development using a SCM on another platform and arrange to have the binaries transferred to the mainframe by SCM staff to then migrate the binaries through ENDEVOR SCM, but some developers are using ENDEVOR SCM for JAVA compiles.

• 3.  Re: Endevor Websphere Deployment?

Posted Feb 11, 2017 12:52 AM

Hi Mathew!

I will be in touch!