Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:16 AM

I'm looking for Eclipse Plugin into Endevor end user documentation.  I see the install doc on the WIKI, but I'm looking for end user documentation.  Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:20 AM

Phil,

The user documentation is placed into the Eclipse HELP option.

HELP--> Help Contents --> CA Endevor SCM Plug-in for Eclipse Help.

• 3.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:25 AM

Thanks Bernie, we don't have the product installed.  Is there any high level user info/presentation we might be able to review?  Thanks, Phil

• 4.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 12:21 PM

I'd have to check around to see.  Pre-Sales has demo'd the plug-in quite often, but I don't know if there is any recorded or PPT.

What are you thinking about watching?  A live demo?  A PPT?

Give me some ideas and maybe I can come up with something for the community.

• 5.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 01:30 PM

Phil:

Under 18.0, the documentation has the section: CA Endevor Quick Edit Eclipse-Based UI

Under 17.0, there is a separate manual, Eclipse-Based UI Help, the contains much of the user type data.

Eclipse is a open source software. There a many user blogs online, but typically, they are for JAVA, and other distributed application development. 

Craig

• 6.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2016 02:29 PM

Thanks Bernie & Craig - I found this:

Eclipse-Based UI Help Version 17.0.00

It's for version 17 we're on 18, but I think it will work fine for what I need now.

Phil

ⓅⒼ  

• 7.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Posted Mar 10, 2016 11:02 AM

For technical reasons, the help for the Eclipse-Based UI Version 18.0 has not been moved to the wiki (the Endevor space on docops.ca.com) yet. We are in the process of moving it over. We'll make an announcement when the V18.0 help is published to the wiki space. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

Margaret

• 8.  Re: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 06:34 AM

The information here is out of date.  Users looking for the public versions of the latest Eclipse plugins should look here.

http://plugins.ca.com/endevor-plugin

From there they can select the version of the plugin that they need.  Currently for Endevor V18.0.12 and later the plugin 18.1.x or later is required.

• 9.  RE: Eclipse Plugin Into Endevor

Posted Jul 17, 2019 09:01 AM
    Link to John's Post

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Engineer
    ------------------------------