Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Update: Passphrases in Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2021 06:07 PM
    Edited by Kim Peelman Jan 20, 2022 05:25 PM

This is a forward looking statement. This is subject to change at any time without notice.  The development, release and timing remain at Broadcom's sole discretion.

A number of customers have asked for Gen to support Passphrase. We have done an architecture assessment for this enhancement, and have the following update to share. 

Summary of requirements for supporting Passphrase: 

• Allow unique characters and embedded spaces
      • ALREADY AVAILABLE Gen supports the same characters supported by the security manager. 
    • Allow mixed case 
      • ALREADY AVAILABLE Gen supports mixed cases as supported by the security manager. Users are responsible for setting what to enforce when validating the Passphrase. 
    • Upgrade encryption and decryption from DES to KDFAES 
      • ALREADY AVAILABLE Gen provides Exits for users to control encryption and decryption. 
    • Allow 100 characters
      • Gen currently provides a field for passwords/passphrases up to 64 characters via Enhanced Security feature.
      • Gen will enhance Client Manager and Comm Bridge enabling users to leverage Enhanced Security which will support passwords/passphrases up to 64 characters. This is planned for 2022.
      • Supporting 100 character passwords has a more significant impact. We need to further research the best technical solution. We have to be thoughtful of the impact on customers who are not planning on using Passphrases, as well as prioritize alongside other commitments. I will give an update when I have more information. 

To learn more about existing functionality, review Gen's technical documentation HERE.  

• Helpful search words: "Enhanced Security"
    • Popular documentation: Security in Distributed Processing, with related subsections on Client Security Processing, Server Security Processing, and Security Data. 

If your company plans to adopt Passphrases, please vote for the Passphrase Community Idea. If you would like to schedule a time for us to discuss your company's needs, please email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Update: Passphrases in Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2022 06:59 PM
    Hi Everyone! We're making progress on enhancing Client Manager to support longer password phrases. In fact, we have some things we can demo for you, and we have questions about how you're using Client Manager. If you'd like to be part of the conversation, join the call: May 25th at 3:30pm CT or May 26th at 8am CT. 

I've added everyone who voted for the idea or replied to the survey. If you need the invite, email me: Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 3.  RE: Update: Passphrases in Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2022 05:46 PM
    Hi! This week we scheduled a couple customer calls to review the requirements for supporting Password Phrases in the Client Manager. We've had a number of customers show interest previously, so I'm surprised no one was able to attend these calls. It must be a holiday or something. 
    1. Here is a recording with the content we wanted to share. I would be grateful to hear your feedback, even if that feedback is to tell me this is good, bad, or not relevant to you. Email: Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    2. If you would like me to schedule a 1-1 call for us to talk at a time convenient to you, I'd be happy to do so. 

Have a great day!

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX