Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Coming Soon: Certification of AIX 7.1 TL5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2019 03:48 PM
    We're working on the certification of AIX 7.1 TL5 with CA Gen 8.6.  Since some of you are using AIX 7.1 TL5 on CA Gen 8.6 I wanted to reach out for feedback. Please share your observations. Reply to this thread or email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.

Note: When we announce the certification of AIX 7.1 TL5 on CA Gen 8.6 we will also remove support for AIX 7.1 TL1 since it is past the End-of-Service date.

Our Third Party Software list: http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/devops/ca-gen/8-6/technical-requirements/third-party-software-version.html

------------------------------
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Coming Soon: Certification of AIX 7.1 TL5

Posted Dec 23, 2019 06:37 AM
    Hi Kim

We have upgraded our AIX machine to 7.1 TL5 and I have done some basic testing of CSE related activities, all of which seem ok. I have installed the "86200" complete patches as well as RTR86201 and our software seems to behave normally using the latest AIX runtime libraries.

Hope that helps.

IET - Information Engineering Technology Ltd

• 3.  RE: Coming Soon: Certification of AIX 7.1 TL5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 23, 2019 10:05 AM
    Good to know. Thanks, Kevin!

Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 4.  RE: Coming Soon: Certification of AIX 7.1 TL5

Posted Mar 12, 2021 06:25 AM
    Hi Kim, I'm currently looking into CA Gen 8.6 on AIX 7.2 TL3, I noticed that AIX 7.2 TL3 EOS date is set on september 2021, could you shed some light whether we can opt for a higher AIX 7.2 TL version, currently our company is running TL5, and assume this will be upgraded regularly. In other words, do you know when certification of AIX 7.2 TL5 and higher can be expected?
    Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Wafing Lin
    Architect at IBM services

• 5.  RE: Coming Soon: Certification of AIX 7.1 TL5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2021 03:12 PM
    @Deactivated User Yes, you can opt for a higher AIX 7.2 TL version. We will support all subsequent TL versions.

We will update the Tech Docs page to reflect this.   ​

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX