Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Deploying SOAP WebService to IBM WebSphere 8.6

Posted Jul 24, 2018 03:33 AM
    Hi,
    I am currently trying to generate server procedure into SOAP service by following the tutorial from the following link
    I had successfully deployed the java proxy and wsdl generated by Gen Web Service Wizard into Axis. And I successfully make it work in JBOSS 5.1.
    But now I had issue to make it work in IBM Web Sphere 8.5 (WAS)
    The error message we got from network response when deployed to WAS are as follows
    The following is the Server Environment Parameter used to build the server procedure :
    The following is the configuration used to assemble the ear file
    The following is the configuration used to generate java proxy
    It would be much appreciated if anyone can help me to make this work in WAS
    Thank you

• 2.  Re: Deploying SOAP WebService to IBM WebSphere 8.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 04:18 AM

Hi Nur,

could you please attach a document with your messages instead a LINK to login to GMAIL Account, or open a case with CA Support and placed the docu on the case SFTP DIR for analyse. 

regards

Thomas

• 3.  Re: Deploying SOAP WebService to IBM WebSphere 8.6

Posted Jul 24, 2018 04:52 AM

hi, could you please review the question again.. sorry for mistakes..

regards

Amirah

• 4.  Re: Deploying SOAP WebService to IBM WebSphere 8.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 05:43 AM

• 5.  Re: Deploying SOAP WebService to IBM WebSphere 8.6

Posted Jul 24, 2018 08:35 AM

Hi Amira,

What is the version of Axis you are using?

• 6.  Re: Deploying SOAP WebService to IBM WebSphere 8.6
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 07:44 PM

Hi Amirah,

I see you are referencing the 8.5 Web Service Wizard Guide so I assume you are using Gen 8.5?

If you are using the Gen 8.5/8.6 supported version of Apache Axis (1.4) for the Web Service Wizard (Third-Party Software Version - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation) it is likely there is some incompatibility problem of Axis version 1.4 with reasonably modern versions of WebSphere like 8.5/8.6.  JBoss 5.1 being an older release of JBoss probably has Axis 1.x compatibility. 

The original Axis project has been superseded by Axis2 which I believe would be compatible with WebSphere but Axis2 is not compatible with the Gen Web Service Wizard (some Axis history here: Apache Axis - Wikipedia , Apache Axis2 - Wikipedia)

The Gen Web Service Wizard was the first Gen offering for web services. Since then other Gen web service options are now available which are also easier/simpler to implement. For your WebSphere EJB server I would strongly suggest that you simply generate the server for "EJB Web Services" instead of "EJB" which will immediately give you a Web Service for that EJB after deployment to WebSphere. More details here:

Construction and Deployment in EJB - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You can also create custom web services based on the default EJB Web Service: Use Custom web services - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Gen clients can also connect to servers using Gen Web Services Middleware: CA Gen 8.5 Changes Until the Release of CA Gen Interim Enhancement 1 - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn