OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?

Posted Nov 28, 2016 05:15 AM

I've found doc to to change these profiles:
    Load Activation Profile (LAP)

Image Activation Profile (IAP)

Reset Activation Profile (RAP)

But the Group Activation Profile (GAP) is missing

We can set the lpar's GPCAP running value, but really also need that change reflected in the profile too.

Marcel van Ek

Atos

• 2.  Re: How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?

Posted Nov 28, 2016 08:50 AM

Hello Marcel,

Just to be clear, you have looked at these documentation links for the answer to your question:

OPS/MVS 12.3

OPSHMC Parameters

OPSHMC Parameters - CA OPS/MVS® Event Management and Automation - 12.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

OPS/MVS 12.2

OPSHMC Parameters

Activation Profile Group Keywords

CA OPS/MVS Administration Guide Release 12.2 

• 3.  Re: How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?

Posted Nov 29, 2016 06:37 AM

I was asking about Address HWS using HISRV, not the OPSHMC program.

• 4.  Re: How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 09:47 AM

Hi Marcel,

I reviewed the ADDRESS HWS SETATTR command here, but there is no ENTITY keyword documented for the specific use case of changing the group activation profile attribute, as you pointed out. Let's wait for the OPS/MVS experts to chime in about any undocumented commands that may be available, and if not, maybe we can rephrase this question as an enhancement request IDEA for the OPS/MVS user community to vote on its potential usefulness and product management and engineering to consider adding to their backlog.

• 5.  Re: How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2016 01:19 PM

Marcel, what are you trying to accomplish by changing the group activation profile?

• 6.  Re: How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?

Posted Dec 05, 2016 04:33 PM

Hello Macrel,

Was your question intended to be a discussion with other customers or a question for OPS/MVS Support? I currently see you do not have any responses from the OPS/MVS customer community. If you intended this to be a question that might be answered by OPS/MVS support, I would like to open a case for this question because it is going to take some more research and time. Is this something you would like us to do or do you want to open your own case about this topic?

Best regards,

Kraig Johnson

CA Technologies, OPS/MVS Technical Support

• 7.  Re: How can I change a Group Activation Profile thru HWS and BCPii in OPS/REXX?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2016 10:23 AM

Hello Marcel,

As per the discussion in the conference call we had with you today, to better understand you need for the Group Activation Profile capacity attribute(s), I have created the OPS/MVS Support Case 00623190, on your behalf, to track your request for this need. All future communication regarding this request will be done through the case. Thank you for bringing this need to our attention.

Thank you,

Kraig Johnson

CA OPS/MVS Technical Support