OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  OPARLGCR Control Statements

Posted May 16, 2016 03:37 PM

Note: I am still running CA-OPS 12.1.

I am looking at the control statements for OPARLGCR, the OPSLOG Creation Program, and I notice that LOGNAME(logname) has no description. I have an rough idea of what this statement references but I'd like to know for certain. I believe 12.2 changed up the Archive process so the documentation in the Wiki is not much help. My belief is this is the name of the log in the OPSLOG Definition but am I correct?

• 2.  Re: OPARLGCR Control Statements
    Best Answer

Posted May 16, 2016 04:35 PM

Hello Travi,

You are correct. It is the name of the OPSLOG as see in the OPSLOG Definition Panel 4.13.

Logname

Indicates the 1- to 16-character name of the OPSLOG. This name uniquely identifies an OPSLOG.

I see that in the 12.2 documentation that the other parameters are defined and Logname was omitted. I will see if this was an oversight or intentional.

• 3.  Re: OPARLGCR Control Statements

Posted May 16, 2016 05:36 PM

Yeah, I noticed that it was omitted in the 12.1 Documentation as well so I think it may have been an oversight that was carried over into 12.2 doc since the process changed a bit. My guess is that the old documentation was just copied and pasted into the new doc as support for the old method.

EDIT: I found the SYNTAX. It helps to scroll upwards sometimes. It would have been nice if they had placed the syntax with the description like the other keywords though.

I also noticed that the space statements for CYLINDERS, TRACKS and BLOCKS has no syntax listed. Based on the other statements it would seem to be along the lines of CYLINDERS(cylinders) but again, not sure. Likewise the START and END statements specify the format of the date and time but not the syntax for the statement. The doc also mentions using the message number with the START/END statements but it offers no syntax so again, I can assume but we all know what that would get me.