OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

Posted Feb 24, 2016 04:02 PM

OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

• 2.  Re: OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

Posted Feb 24, 2016 04:12 PM

Randy,

Consider adding the NOOPSLOG keyword for the message rule you want to eliminate from the OPSLOG.

The firing criteria of the MSG rule can not be a wildcard as you need to match the specific message id you want to supress from the OPSLOG.

Hope this helps Randy

Cesar

• 3.  Re: OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

Posted Feb 24, 2016 05:27 PM

Thanks Cesar,

Like I have the following

)MSG XACT

)PROC

IF DATATYPE(SUBSTR(MSG.JOBNAME,1,3),M) &,               

DATATYPE(SUBSTR(MSG.JOBNAME,4,4),N) THEN RETURN DELETE

but this gets rid of it on the console and the syslog, I would like to also delete it from the OPSLOG.  

• 4.  Re: OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

Posted Feb 24, 2016 05:30 PM

No problem Randy anytime

This change to your rule should do it:

)MSG XACT NOOPSLOG

Let us know if this helps then.

Regards, Cesar

• 5.  Re: OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:18 PM

You cannot NOOPSLOG a message based on some IF/THEN/ELSE criteria in the )PROC section. It is all or nothing (for whatever the event specifier is coded). The only current action to take is to NOOPSLOG all the messages, and then re-wto the message . If you decide to go this route, be sure to utilize the OPTION(L) keyword of the Address WTO to ensure the re-issued message does not re-drive the rule.

• 6.  Re: OPSMVS Suppression - Can I delete a message a message out of the OPSLOG when a message meets a certain criteria?

Posted Feb 25, 2016 05:01 PM

Randy,

Your message rule without the IF logic should look like this:

)MSG XACT NOOPSLOG

)PROC

RETURN

Now, we provide a very simple sample rule in the CCLXRULS(GCM) member and is fully documented for the reasons why is needed. Also there is a OPS/REXX sample program in CCLXSAMP(IDMSAREA) that implements dynamically a MSG rule to supress a message from the OPSLOG for a product that requires it. Perhaps this can give you ideas how to handle your request. Follow our Sustaining Engineer advise to use the Address WTO host environment function to re-wto the messages you need not to go away from the OPSLOG. As he suggested OPTION(L) will instruct CA OPS/MVS not to consider it for AOF processing. In other words it will not be suppressed according to your logic.

Hope this all helps Randy

Cesar