OPS/MVS

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

• 1.  Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 18, 2016 03:42 PM

We are installing the newest version of Sysview and I attempted to get the Sysview option from Opsview to work, I have allocated the 3 datasets recommended by the Sysview install manual in OPSVLBDF.   When I select the S option nothing happens?  Any Ideas?

• 2.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:29 PM

Chris,

OPSVIEW option s calls for panel GSVX000P that is located on CA Sysview library CNM4BISP.

If you use the TSO ISRDDN and MEMBER GSVX000P does the search finds it in the CA Sysview library?

Also, what release of CA Sysview are you installing and where are the changes to OPSVLBDF documented that you followed to make this option to work?

I am not a CA Sysview support rep but release 14.0 appears to be the most current release for this product but I amnot sure where the steps you followed are documented.

In our labs I see the following 3 libraries are used CNM4BISP, CNM4BLOD, and CNM4BREX but not sure how you define them in your OPSVLBDF member.

Regards, Cesar

• 3.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2016 09:27 AM

Hi Chris,

Execute the command TSO ISRDDN.

From the resulting display enter the command 'M OPPRIMOP'

Browse the member once it is found and look for the underlying command that gets executed when you Select SYSVIEW option from the main menu.

Is it executing GSVXSPF?

Back off from the Browse session and enter the TSO ISRDDN command 'M GSVXSPF'

Is it found?

If it isn't then you need to get the SYSVIEW Load Library allocated to your TSO session either through adding it to Linklist or adding it in as a Steplib to your TSO LOGON Proc.

-Bob Brandl 

• 4.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 23, 2016 09:42 AM

Cesar and Robert, We are putting in 14.1 of Sysview.   I have run through looking for the members in isrddn, they are all found.   GSVXSPF is found in the BLOD dataset.  GSVX000P is found in BISP.

The only information I could find on the ISPF interface was here:  ISPF Interface Support - CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Here is what I added to  OPSVLBDF, the information was pulled from **.SYSVIEW.CNM4BSAM(SYSVCLST), I added the BOLD libdef's below and hard coded the start command on the OPPRIMOP panel.

S,'CMD(GSVXSPF (GSVX)) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR) NOCHECK PASSLIB'

address ISPEXEC                             /* Host

"LIBDEF SYSPROC DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXCLS0')"  

"LIBDEF ISPPLIB DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXPENU'" , 

"'"sysview".CNM4BISP')" 

"LIBDEF ISPMLIB DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXMENU')"  

"LIBDEF SYSHELP DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXHENU')"  

"LIBDEF ISPLLIB DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXLOAD'" , 

"'"sysview".CNM4BLOD')" 

"LIBDEF ISPSLIB DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXSENU')"  

"LIBDEF ISPTLIB DATASET ID('"usrpfx".TABLES'" ,   

"'"sysview".CNM4BISP'" ,

"'"prefix".CCLXTENU')"  

"LIBDEF ISPTABL DATASET ID('"usrpfx".TABLES')"    

"LIBDEF OPSEXEC DATASET ID('"prefix".CCLXOPEX')" 

Everything looks to be there, it just executes the command and does nothing.

• 5.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 23, 2016 10:16 AM

Chris,

In our labs the S option looks a little bit different in installation provided CCLXPENU(OPPRIMOP) library/member:

S,'CMD(GSVXSPF &ZTRAIL) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR) NOCHECK PASSLIB'

The variable ZTRAIL is initialized in the same panle code prior the options entered are evaluated:

&XSEL = TRUNC(&ZCMD,'.')       

&ZTRAIL = .TRAIL               

&ZSEL = TRANS( TRUNC (&ZCMD,'.')

Could you please give this a try to see if this makes any difference?

Regards, Cesar

• 6.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 23, 2016 02:50 PM

Yeah, Cesar, I tried both ways, with the default and hard coding the SSID.

)PROC                                                                         

&XSEL = TRUNC(&ZCMD,'.')                                                    

&ZTRAIL = .TRAIL                                                            

&ZSEL = TRANS( TRUNC (&ZCMD,'.')                                            

0,'PANEL(OP000000)'                                                 

1,'CMD(OPBOMD SUBSYS(&OPSSID) CHECK) NEWAPPL(OPBO) PASSLIB'         

2,'PANEL(OP2PRIMP)'                                                 

3,'PANEL(&RSRCPAN)'                                                 

4,'PANEL(OP400000)'                                                 

5,'PANEL(OP500000)'                                                 

6,'CMD(OI P(OP600000) A(&OPS6PARM) S(&OPSSID) MAXEDQ(&OPMXLI)) +    

NEWAPPL(SYS1) PASSLIB'                                           

7,'PANEL(OP700000)'                                                 

A,'PANEL(OPAMPRIM)'                                                 

E,'PANEL(OPQQ00) '                                                  

/*        S,'CMD(GSVXSPF (GSVX)) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR) NOCHECK PASSLIB'    

S,'CMD(GSVXSPF &ZTRAIL) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR) NOCHECK PASSLIB'   

T,'PGM(ISPTUTOR) PARM(&HPAN)'                                       

I,'PANEL(ISR@PRIM) NEWAPPL(ISR)'                                    

U,'PANEL(OPSUSER)'                                                  

' ',' '                                                               

X,'EXIT'                                                            

*,'?' )                                                            

• 7.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 23, 2016 03:02 PM

Chris,

Let's run the command outside of CA OPS/MVS for a moment.

Proceed to create a CLIST in a library allocated to your TSO PROC SYSPROC DD concatenation similar to this one:

PROC 0                        
    CONTROL NOCONLIST NOSYMLIST MSG

STARTUP:                                                              +
    ISPEXEC SELECT CMD(GSVXSPF (GSVX)) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR) NOCHECK PASSLIB                          

NOFREE:                                                               +
    EXIT CODE(0)                                                          

Once you save it then execute it using the TSO member_name command.

I am expecting it to fail as the comand might be missing from your TSO environment.

Unless you have the CA Sysview libraries pre allocated in your TSO PROC it should not execute.

If this test outside of CA OPS/MVS runs then let us know. If symptoms are similar let us know as well.

Regards, Cesar

• 8.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 24, 2016 08:43 AM

I created the clist  and receive the following before any allocations:

ISPEXEC SELECT CMD(GSVXSPF (GSVX)) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR)            NOCHECK

PASSLIB                                                                        

GSVX302E ISPF panel GSVX000P not found                                        

GSVX302E ISPF panel GSVX000P not found                                        

EXIT CODE(0)                                                                  

EXIT CODE(0)                                                                  

***                                                                          

After I log in to OPS and allocate the sysview datasets, this is what I get when I execute the clist:

ISPEXEC SELECT CMD(GSVXSPF (GSVX)) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR)            NOCHECK

PASSLIB                                                                        

EXIT CODE(0)                                                                  

EXIT CODE(0)                                                                  

***                                                                          

CLIST:

********************************* Top of Data ***************************

PROC 0                                                                  

CONTROL CONLIST SYMLIST MSG                                             

STARTUP:                                                               +

ISPEXEC SELECT CMD(GSVXSPF (GSVX)) NEWAPPL(GSVX) MODE(FSCR)            +

NOCHECK PASSLIB                                                         

NOFREE:                                                                +

EXIT CODE(0)                                                            

******************************** Bottom of Data *************************

• 9.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 24, 2016 10:06 AM

Chris,

Without having to invoke OPSVIEW to allocate the CA Sysview libraries please add the following code prior the call to the ISPEXEC SELECT CMD statement for the libraries and DD names where they should be allocated:

ALLOC:                                   +                                       

FREE FI(DSN1 DSN2 DSN3)                        

FREE ATTRLIST(DSN1 DSN2 DSN3)                  

ALLOC F(DSN1) SHR DA('YOUR_CA_SYSVIEW_DATASET1')

ALLOC F(DSN2) SHR DA('YOUR_CA_SYSVIEW_DATASET2')

ALLOC F(DSN3) SHR DA('YOUR_CA_SYSVIEW_DATASET3')

ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPXLIB LIBRARY ID(DSN1)        

ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPXLIB LIBRARY ID(DSN2)        

ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPXLIB LIBRARY ID(DSN3)       

Then add this code after the ISPEXEC SELECT CMD statement:

DEALLOC:          +             

ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPXLIB ID(DSN1)

ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPXLIB ID(DSN2)

ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPXLIB ID(DSN3)

FREE FI(DSN1 DSN2 DSN3)       

FREE ATTRLIST(DSN1 DSN2 DSN3) 

Does it helps getting you in CA Sysview without having to invoke OPSVIEW to allocate them?

Regards, Cesar

• 10.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 24, 2016 12:55 PM

Cesar, this can't be used, the dataset that contains the panels has to be in a specific dd.  I am not having problems getting in to sysview outside of OPS, it is when I try to get there from OPS that it is an issue.

• 11.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 24, 2016 01:09 PM

Hello Chris,

Thanks for clarify using CA Syview panels outside of CA OPS/MVS is not a problem for you.

I think is time to open a case so I can request other documents I need to attempt recreate your issue.

When you open the case refer back to this Community thread so I can get the case.

In case we need CA Sysview Customer Supprot involved I will doit internally in the open case.

Regards, Cesar

• 12.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:33 PM

Here is the check off list to make 'S' option work from OPSVIEW:

1) Make sure the proc or REXX/CLIST that allocates OPSVIEW libraries, also includes the current Sysview releases ISPF panel library in the ISPPLIB allocation. Same for the ISPTLIB allocating the SYSVIEW ISPF table library.

2) If the current Sysview releases LOAD library is not first in the Linklist (or not in linklist), then make sure you also include a STEPLIB DD to it in the logon proc REXX/CLIST

• 13.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 26, 2016 11:24 AM

Dave, the SYSVIEW loadlib was already in linklist, but I went ahead and added it to the logon proc and tried it, still no go.  from the main tso panel sysview is accessed by entering command "SYSV", which is a module in the loadlib.  that works fine from outside ops, but once I go in and issue the command I get nothing.

• 14.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 26, 2016 01:15 PM

Since our SYSVIEW clist (simply named SYSVIEW)  performs the necessary allocations and is standalone - Get to it via TSO SYSVIEW. We just modified the OPS/MVS panel  OPPRIMOP and changed the 'S' option to this:

S,'CMD(SYSVIEW)' 

Works for us

• 15.  Re: Accessing sysview from the opsview panel

Posted Feb 26, 2016 04:19 PM

Yes. Different ways to access Sysview. The S option and probably the code in your stanalone SYSVIEW clist, calls the Sysview GSVXSPF module. Assuming ISPF allocations are correct to the necessary Sysview ISPF data sets, and the GSVXSPF module (as confirmed from TSO ISRDDN command) is found in correct current library, then all should be good. Ideally, the OPS option needs changed to invoke the SYSV module which will eliminate the ISPF setup on the logon proc.