OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 09, 2015 05:35 AM

Additional info
    The code:

Address ISPEXEC; "EDIT DATAID("Sysin") MACRO(ENDMAC)

The macro

Address ISREDIT "MACRO PROCESS"

Address ISREDIT "END"

Exit

All I get is a message saying: COMMAND ENDMAC NOT FOUND

• 2.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 09, 2015 10:47 AM

Hello Torek,

Without having access to more documenation it sounds like you have a running environment problem.

If your REQ rule includes the Address ISPEXEC statement you should then be running it under a valid ISPF environment.

In our sample provided in CCLXRULS dataset the REQ rule OPAODIGL should give you examples how to code your rule.

Since REQ rules can use Address ISPEXEC services then just make sure that macro ENDMAC has been made accessible to the SYSPROC DD concatenation of your OPSMAIN task.

I hope this all helps you today.

If it does not then please cut a new Customer Support ticket so we can help you further.

Regards, Cesar

• 3.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 01:17 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Cesar, thank you for your reply. I allocated OPSP.TNSBX1.MACLIB (where the ENDMAC macro resides) library to SYSPROC DD in both OPSMAIN and OPSOSF procedures, but I'm afraid I'm not any closer to a solution, i still get error messages, please see attached file

And I didn't find anything in the OPAODIGL rule  that brings me any closer to solve this

I will cut a new Support ticket later today

Regards Tore

Attachment(s)

zip
    endmac.txt.zip   597 B 1 version

• 4.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 02:01 AM
      |   view attached

Hello again Cesar, I've tried to open a case several times now, but I'm not able to find it when I try to view my cases

Our site id is 920195_EVRY NORGE AS

Could you please see if you can find any cases for that side id?

Please see attached file from search

Attachment(s)

docx
    casesearch.docx   126 KB 1 version

• 5.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 10:10 AM

Hello Tore,

Looked at your Site Id and could not find any recent tickets open with the CA OPS/MVS product.

So I have just opened in your behalf a new Customer Support ticket.

Standby for my next email I will be sending you via the case so we can go over this case.

Thanks

Cesar

• 6.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 15, 2015 03:59 AM

I don't get mail from the case, it's wrong contact name and email, correct name should be Tore Kristiansen and email tore.kristiansen@evry.com

I've updated the case today

• 7.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 15, 2015 09:34 AM

Hello Tore,

I have updated the contact information in the ticket and also received the answers I was looking for.

More update will come via the open ticket for this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Cesar

• 8.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 16, 2015 04:43 AM
      |   view attached

Solved, see attachment

Attachment(s)

zip
    ispfmacsolved.txt.zip   386 B 1 version

• 9.  Re: How to correctly use an ISPF macro from an OPS REQUEST rule (started with ISPF)

Posted Dec 16, 2015 09:39 AM

Hello Tore,

Thank you fo sharing how you corrected the problem reported in this Community thread.

In summary, if your REQ rule includes the Address ISPEXEC statements you should then be sure that a valid ISPF environment exists from where the REQ rule is firing.

Torek was using OPSVIEW option U to run the REQ rule and he had to make the libraries that contains the pieces needed to run it were defined in the SYSLIB DD name of both OPSMAIN and OSF Servers as well the CLIST used to enter in OPSVIEW.

Case is now closed as well this Community thread.

Thanks

Cesar