IMS Tools

View Only
  • 1.  IIRDCT RC=8

Posted Apr 05, 2020 07:54 PM
    Hi,

We have problem after installing new version of IMS tools from  version 19 to 20 .. Problem is to access DB Analyzer Report Summary 

We can invoke list but when we am trying to select one report we got error

erros sample:

when i press PF1 i got more info 

all step was run with RC=0 and one with RC=1 (correct according manual) , every other panel can be invoke, but only DB analyzer  IIR historical  report is not working.

CAn you help us ? any hint ?

------------------------------
    Best Regards Martin Švidrnoch
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: IIRDCT RC=8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2020 01:49 PM
    Hello Martin -

My name is Stephen Stauffacher, Technical Consultant with Broadcom.  I work with the IMS Tools Suite.  Sorry for the delay.  I've reviewed your posting and have a few additional questions for you:

• First question:  Does this happen only with this report?  Or does it happen with any of the reports you select?  I see you have both HDAM and HISAM reports.
    • Was this a NEW REPORT added to IIR since you did you upgrade from R19 to R20?
    • If this was a NEW REPORT, do you have the output from the job that created this report, to ensure it completed successfully updating the IIR Tables?
    • You mentioned going from R19 to R20?  Did you complete ALL the migration / update steps for the different Datacom/AD IIR tables?  The fact you are receiving an SQL Error may indicate these steps were not all completed successfully.  Do you still have the outputs from the Upgrade from R19 to R20 that you can review to ensure everything completed successfully.
    • Were you able to see any additional messages in the JOBLOG for your instance of Datacom/AD that contains the different IIR tables?  There may be additional information as to the SQL Error encountered.
    Once I see your answers I'll have a better idea of what might be happening.

Thank you,

• 3.  RE: IIRDCT RC=8

Posted Apr 14, 2020 04:51 AM
    Hi, 

We already found the solution, Miloslav Pekar and his team helped us to fix the problem. We had a case opened for that. Problem was that when we run migration we had wrong space allocation and when we rerun restore  job ( CA DATACOM/AD RESTORE DATABASE AFTER IIR SCHEMA MIGRATION)  then we got this error..(IIRDCT RC=8)
    . so we had to do cleanup and rerun all steps again- put bigger size and then it works. We still have some issue with  DBO unload /reload reports but the guys from prague already found the solution and they preparing fix. (Our report data field is bigger then current skeleton so probably they are increasing it)  

-Br M