Disk

View Only
  • 1.  Retaining Reports in Archive

Posted Mar 10, 2010 05:50 AM
    I would like to reduce number of Archive tapes we use (2500+).  Retention was set many years ago. Hundreds of reports were set up to save 3 Gens for 365 Days. We have numerous outdated/unused reports that were last run in the 90's and early 00's that should not be Archived.  Is there a way I can globally change retention to 0/365? Or even a TSO like control dataset where I can repetitively change? My administrator says they must be done "one at a time". Actually, it could be  over a thousand.  

• 2.  Re: Retaining Reports in Archive
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2010 06:20 PM
    Hello,     Yes, there are a number ways to delete the old reports.   I presume by reports, you mean data sets that have a DSNINDEX record?     Have you looked at the DSNDELETE command for IXMAINT?   You can use the DSNAMES parameter to select the right group.   If you have multiple copies, the  COPIES parameter can be used to reduce the number.      
    If those don't help, then there is the IXUPDATE CHANGE command but it is for single data sets.If you need to delete the Archive volumes without regard to the data sets on them, then  the IXMAINT PURGE command is the one you want.  Please let me know if this helps.   Marjory Montgomery
    CA Disk Architect