XCOM Data Transport

View Only
  • 1.  Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Posted Jun 07, 2021 09:31 AM

Hi,

I am Pawan Modi from Tesco. I am looking for DATA TRANSPORT installation package for linux box.

We do have XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for window NT server and we are already using it. Now we want to setup XCOM DATA TRANSPORT on few Linux boxes. But i am not able to find the link to download installation package. Can anyone help with the download link of DATA TRANSPORT for Linux OS?

Also, Does XCOM DATA TRANSPORT support CENTOS7 Linux?

Regards,

Pawan Modi

• 2.  RE: Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2021 06:20 PM
    Hi Pawan,
    1. The best way to access the XCOM installation media for any platform is to start on the XCOM Product page here:
    Select the SUPPORT tab and on that page the Download option.
    On the next window there are 2 options:
    Product Download (install media) and Solution Download (patches)
    Product download is what you want
    Type "linux" into the Search box and you will see:
    "CA XCOM Data Transport for Linux (PC) UNIX V -GENERIC"
    Assuming you have entitlement for XCOM for Linux you will be able to access that page:

2. For OS support that is covered in the XCOM for Linux techdocs under "Installation Prerequisites" here:
    +++
    Operating System Support
    Installation of CA XCOM Data Transport for UNIX/Linux requires one of the following operating systems as a host machine:
    Centos 7
    Redhat 7
    Ubuntu 16.04 or higher
    +++
    So CentOS 7 is supported.
    It should also be listed on this page "Distributed Platform Compatibilities", but I see it is not, so I will check on that:

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

------------------------------
    Lynn Williams
    Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    Australia

• 3.  RE: Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2021 06:26 PM
    Edited by Lynn Williams Jun 07, 2021 06:33 PM
    Hi Pawan,
    Apologies, for #2 I listed the Docker installation page.
    I note on the techdocs standard installation page that only Red Hat & SUSE are listed:
    Operating System Support
    Linux

Installation of CA XCOM Data Transport for UNIX/Linux for UNIX/Linux PC X64 requires both of the following:
     - Redhat Enterprise Linux, or SUSE Linux Enterprise running on an Intel or compatible PC
     - Kernel level at Version 2.6.32 or higher

I will confirm with Engineering and we will let you know.

Regards,

Lynn

Lynn Williams
    Broadcom
    Australia

• 4.  RE: Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Posted Jun 07, 2021 10:23 PM
    Thank you so much Lynn!! i raised support ticket and i got response from Dan Marcus. I followed the steps given in email to access the download link. But, on click of the download link it is saying - " ATTENTION - This product is not active on your current Site IDs. If this product is linked to another Support Site ID, please Click Here to raise Site Access Request. "

Is there a way to get access to linux Data Transport for our site-id? Though i have asked the same question to Dan Marcus as well.

thanks,
    Pawan Modi

• 5.  RE: Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2021 10:59 PM
    Hi Pawan,
    Tesco has multiple Site IDs and I see you in our system for one of those Site IDs. 
    However, I don't have access to your detailed license entitlements to check if another Tesco Site ID has XCOM for Linux entitlements.
    If Dan Marcus is part of your Broadcom account management team then you need to check further with him because this type of query should always be raised with your Broadcom account team first.
    If the entitlement is on another Tesco SiteID then you need to know what it is and then add it to your profile.
    That "Site Access Request" prompt is covered in this KB:

If there is no XCOM for Linux entitlement on any Tesco SiteIDs then further discussion is needed with your Broadcom account team.

Hope that is of some help.

Regards,

Lynn

Lynn Williams
    Broadcom
    Australia

• 6.  RE: Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Posted Jun 07, 2021 11:07 PM
    Sure thanks Lynn!! I will check with Kevin (Account Manager) and his colleague Dan Marcus about other site-ids with the product entitlement.

• 7.  RE: Download link for XCOM DATA TRANSPORT for LINUX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2021 06:25 PM
    Hi Pawan,
    I see in your other thread that you were able to access the download for XCOM for Linux and install it.
    To clarify the CentOS support situation.
    Per the above techdocs and "Distributed Platform Compatibilities" pages, the standard XCOM for Linux install (non-docker) is only certified for Red Hat and SUSE platforms.  
    Many other Linux distributions like Oracle Linux and CentOS are binary compatible with Red Hat and hence they are expected to work without problems. However, they are not certified.

Regards,

Lynn

Lynn Williams
    Broadcom
    Australia