Automation Point

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to copy session definitions from one AP box to another? I am defining about 32 Host sessions, but would like to port these console definitions to our backup server

• 1.  Is there a way to copy session definitions from one AP box to another? I am defining about 32 Host sessions, but would like to port these console definitions to our backup server

Posted Aug 18, 2016 02:44 PM

Running AP 11.5

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to copy session definitions from one AP box to another? I am defining about 32 Host sessions, but would like to port these console definitions to our backup server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2016 03:33 PM

Hi there,

Yes, there is a way to do this out of the box in AP r11.5.

This feature is well documented in the CA Automation Point r11.5 Administrator guide here. Please let me know what questions you have after reading this documentation.

Cheers,

Stephen

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to copy session definitions from one AP box to another? I am defining about 32 Host sessions, but would like to port these console definitions to our backup server

Posted Aug 18, 2016 03:38 PM

Thank you, Stephen. I will try it. I've read it before, but I read it as restoring the whole AP config. I just wanted the sessions. I will try it though and update the this thread.

Once again, thanks!

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to copy session definitions from one AP box to another? I am defining about 32 Host sessions, but would like to port these console definitions to our backup server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2016 03:52 PM

Hi, Carlos. You are very welcome.

You can import only the session definition sets given a site configuration backup file using the Import Sessions Utility in Configuration Manager.

Please read the following: Export and Import Operations - CA Automation Point - 11.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

Let me know what other questions you have. Happy to help :-)

Cheers,

Stephen