Mainframe Application Tuner

View Only

PROBLEM MATUNE-914

Stephan Nickel's profile image
Stephan Nickel posted Feb 09, 2021 12:02 PM
Where can I find further Information regarding the HiPer Problem below which holds the base function of Matuner?

++HOLD(CEESC00) ERROR FMID(CEESC00)
REASON(CC14440) DATE(21025) CLASS(HIPER)
COMMENT(
PROBLEM MATUNE-914: S015F-30 ABEND IN Z/OS NUCLEUS ROUTINE IRARMERR
SMRTDATA(
SYMP(IPL)
)).
William Gangi's profile image
Broadcom Employee William Gangi
Hi Stephan,

Can you please provide the Fix number that corresponds to the ++HOLD Action?

Regards, Bill
Stephan Nickel

Hi Bill,

that is exactly the reason why I am confused: The ++HOLD ERROR data relates to the base function CEESC00 itself, no PTF in error is mentioned, as opposed to REASONs AC14440 and BC14440 which were resolved by PTFs SO14455 and SO14479, respectively:

REASON(AC14440) DATE(20225) CLASS(SECINT)
COMMENT(
PROBLEM MATUNE-887: SECURITY OR INTEGRITY PROBLEM
SMRTDATA(CHGDT(200820) FIX(SO14455)
SYMP(B6.3,T5.5)
)).
REASON(BC14440) DATE(20227) CLASS(HIPER)
COMMENT(
PROBLEM MATUNE-893: TUNLLIB DD STATEMENT MISSING AFTER APPLYING SO13
SMRTDATA(CHGDT(200910) FIX(SO14479)
SYMP()
)).

ahmto01's profile image
Broadcom Employee ahmto01

Hi Stephan,

I am assuming you got this notification via email. The PTF is still in APAR stage, I think all the data will be available after the published.  

Stephan Nickel
Hi Tofik,

thank you for your info. My point, however, is not that there is a currently unresolved problem, but that the HOLD has been set on the base function CEESC00.

This means, as far as  I understand, that the HiPer problem (possibly causing IPL) was not introduced by a PTF in error, in which case I could avoid applying it or, if already applied, could restore that PTF. 

So my question was referring to whether the problem is caused by the base function code as originally shipped, in which case I would not know what to do.

Best regards, Stephan
ahmto01's profile image
Broadcom Employee ahmto01

Hi Stephan,

Yes the HiPer is on the base, and we mark a PTF Hiper for one of the following reasons:

1. a PTF that is fixing a performance issue caused by a looping code, that has resulted in IPL
  2. a PTF is fixing IPL that was caused by control block overlay 
  3. a PTF that is fixing a problem in the area where all of our customers are using(some example)
    1. a problem that prohibits a server to start
    2. a problem that causes invoke to fail 
    3. Caused a specific abend related to core zos control blocks( this is the reason for this one)
As far as I remember there was no IPL, and a loop was not also the case. So the solution is marked HiPer to allow all our customers to apply it as a precaution. The fix is in one of the oldest areas of the product, so I would not think you will be experiencing it but we will shortly produce the PTF, we are just waiting for the customer verification.