Workload Automation Restart Option for z/OS Schedulers

View Only

U0062 abend in job

Sweta Basa's profile image
Sweta Basa posted Feb 09, 2021 02:49 AM
I have a job which when restarted using ca11 gives u0062 abend. I tried cancelling the job in Ca7 by giving force=yes, but still when I demand the job again,it fails with u0062 abend. How do I fix the abend.

Thanks and Regards
Sweta
Alisa Puckett's profile image
Broadcom Employee Alisa Puckett
U0062 abend occurs when the CA 11 option REASON=ABEND is used.  REASON=ABEND requires a reason for rerun to be provided for the rerun/restart of jobs. If a reason for rerun is not provided on a restart the U0062 abend occurs.  For your reference I have attached the following knowledge doc:

Article ID: 74750
Title: What is the U0062 abend code in CA Workload Automation Restart Option for z/OS Schedulers and why does it occurs?
Link: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=74750

Regards,
Alisa
Phontilla Shuffitt's profile image
Phontilla Shuffitt
I concur with Alisa's response - documentation shows this:

U0062 abend occurs when the CA 11 option REASON=ABEND is used.  REASON=ABEND requires a reason for rerun to be provided for the rerun/restart of jobs. If a reason for rerun is not provided on a restart the U0062 abend occurs.   Other values to consider if you do not want the job to abend when reason for rerun is not provided are below:

REASON=NO indicates no reason for rerun is required.
REASON=PROMPT indicates a reason for rerun is required and if omitted the system prompts the operator to supply a reason for rerun.
Saul Suarez Del Real's profile image
Saul Suarez Del Real
U0062 also means that the job is still flagged as restart mode in CA-11. You can clean up the CMT for that job and then demand it in.