Workload Automation Agents

View Only

Workload Automation Agent 12.1 Server 2022

Eric Kammerer's profile image
Eric Kammerer posted Mar 27, 2022 09:03 AM

In early Feb I received this answer to my Server 2022 agent support question. 

"The 12.0 version of the agent is not and will not be supported on Windows Server 2022. However, Broadcom Engineering is currently working on the 12.1 release of the agent which will be supported on the Windows Server 2022 operating system. The 12.1 agents should be available in the coming months."

Has there been progress in getting the 12.1 agent published? Is there a possible release date? We need this agent to support our Server 2022 infrastructure. 

Steven Bartolini's profile image
Broadcom Employee Steven Bartolini

Hi Eric,

The r12 release of the agent can run on Windows 2022 server in compatibility mode. Please reference the Agents Documentation for details here.

Thank You,

Steven A. Bartolini

Broadcom Support

Steven Bartolini's profile image
Broadcom Employee Steven Bartolini

Hi Eric,

The r12 release of the agent can run on Windows 2022 server in compatibility mode. Please reference the Agents Documentation for details here.

Thank You,

Steven A. Bartolini

Broadcom Support

Eric Kammerer's profile image
Eric Kammerer

Thank you for the information. This raises a few additional questions.

Is there a new executable to download or will the version that has been published still work? If the same one is OK, what has changed that now makes it OK to use?

When I asked support about this a few months ago, they told me, “The 12.0 version of the agent is not and will not be supported on Windows Server 2022. However, Broadcom Engineering is currently working on the 12.1 release of the agent, which will be supported on the Windows Server 2022 operating system. The 12.1 agents should be available in the coming months.” Again what has changed?

We deploy our agents in silent, unattended mode. Will that still be possible?

Will we lose any functionality running in compatibility mode?

Thank you.