SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only

Logger dataspace initialization failed ILOG storage shortage

Martin Svidrnoch's profile image
Martin Svidrnoch posted Mar 29, 2021 03:35 AM
Hello, 

I am facing this error during start up of sysview, I alredy increased value for TRAN-DATASPACE-SIZE parameter from 64-> 128  and now to default value 256M

GSVX998E (IMSIMSZ) IMS$089E IMS IMSZ Logger dataspace initialization failed - ILOG storage shortage
GSVX874E (IMSIMSZ) IMS subsystem IMSZ logger initialization error. RetCode=24

My question is, is there any other parameter to avoid this kind of message ? Thanks in advance

-Br M
Robert Brandl Jr's profile image
Broadcom Employee Robert Brandl Jr
Hi Martin,

Several Parameters can be adjusted.
Help for the IMS$089E reads as:

The IMS Logger dataspace failed to initialize because the dataspace size is too small. Increase the storage by incrementing the value specified on the TRAN-DATASPACE-SIZE IMSLOGR PARMLIB option or decrease the value of the TRAN-EVENT-MAX-MONITORED IMSLOGR PARMLIB option.
A third parameter that comes into play is the setting for:

TRAN-EVENT-TRACE-LEVEL
Specifies the level of tracing included in the IMS transaction history. The possible values are:
  • ILOG: Transaction history includes identification data, response times, and summary level DL/I counts
  • SUMMARY: Includes everything from the ILOG level above with IMS IWAIT counts and times
  • DETAIL: Includes ILOG+SUMMARY level data plus detailed DL/I and ESS call statistics
Default: DETAIL

Please see for additional details:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/performance-and-storage/ca-sysview-performance-management/16-0/administering/library-members/cnm4bprm-parmlib-members/ims-members/imslogr.html

-Bob Brandl, CA SYSVIEW Support Team