Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  REPLAY AVAILABLE: Datacom Office Hours (April 11, 2024)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 12 days ago

Hello Datacom Community!

The replay is now available for our April 11, 2024 webcast, "Datacom Office Hours"!   Because we had such good discussion on this session by our talented and experienced CADRE Board Members, Owen and Tom, I could retitle this webcast "Shared Experiences by our CADRE Board Members".  We also shared product news and updates.

• Office Hours Intro
    • "Round the Room" Introductions
    • Shared User Experiences & Discussion
      • Positive feedback on latest SQL syntax enhancements; appreciated by developers
      • Increased usage of SQL and standard utilities, including APIs and JDBC
      • Usage of virtual tables and databases
      • SQL enhancement discussion for cardinality, insert select, collecting statistics, utilizing SQL scripts vs batch, auto-detect when no cardinality statistics and providing them
      • Upgrading to Datacom Server 15.1 with Java 11/17; obtaining statistics to measure performance benefits
      • Utilizing other third-party tools with Datacom Server, like DBeaver, DBViz
      • Support Case experience, knowledge base searches, good problem resolution times, often having a workaround for problems
      • Discussion of a recent S0C4 fix
      • Upgrading from Java 8 to Java 11 or 17 (Java 17 recommended)
      • Shared enhancement experience with Datacom SQL Performance Analyzer
      • Backups with VSAM Linear Datasets
      • Embrace Open Workshops - overview & shared positive experiences
    • Product News & Updates
      • Latest Datacom HIPERS (LU13104 & LU12903) - please ensure you apply and registered for Critical Alerts!
      • Datacom Server 15.1 PassTicket Support (LU12671) enhancement available
      • VSAM Linear Dataset Support for Log (LXX) File (LU12068) enhancement available
      • Datacom Core Products 15.1 Service Update S2401 PAX & z/OSMF now delivered; Datacom/AD PAX & z/OSMF coming soon
      • Various education courses and YouTube videos released or coming soon
      • Datacom DBA Vitality Sessions starting this month in April and another session in October (please reach out if interested)
      • Mainframe Technical Exchange (MTE) will start September 9th - 12th.  September 9 is a special workshop day for Datacom/IDMS only.  Looking for feedback on MTE session topics!
      • Datacom survey being emailed out in collaboration with UserEvidence
      • "Samples" to be posted to CADRE Community on the Library section.  Unofficial product samples to assist with REST APIs and other product areas.  Demo of our Data Viewer REST API Sample will be on a future webcast.

https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/5238491647632449374

Gotowebinar remove preview
    View this on Gotowebinar >

If you missed this session, please take some time to listen to watch the replay!  Please reach out if you have any questions, topics, or concerns!

Best Regards,

Nakesha Newbury

Datacom Product Manager

Nakesha.Newbury@broadcom.com | 469-596-1056

• 2.  RE: REPLAY AVAILABLE: Datacom Office Hours (April 11, 2024)

Posted 10 days ago

Hello,

I tried to register to listen the replay, but unfortunately I get the message that the webinar is not availlable and it's deleted.

Could you please fix that problem.  

Regards,

• 3.  RE: REPLAY AVAILABLE: Datacom Office Hours (April 11, 2024)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 9 days ago

Hello,

I've reached out to the Community Admin regarding the replay.  He's on vacation currently but we shall have an answer for you soon.  When I click the link, it works for me, so there must be something in the backend going on.

Best Regards,

Nakesha Newbury

• 4.  RE: REPLAY AVAILABLE: Datacom Office Hours (April 11, 2024)

Community Manager
    Posted 8 days ago

This is likely a security setting at your site -- either a firewall or something similar. 

My first suggestion in these situations is always to try a personal device if that is an option. Let me know if that works!

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com
    ------------------------------