To: SYSVIEW and CE APM Customers
From: Broadcom's SYSVIEW Product Team
Subject: Announcing z/OS APM Bridge
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we are excited to announce a new solution, z/OS APM Bridge (ZAB) 1.0, a component of the newly architected integration between DX Application Performance Management (APM) and SYSVIEW, replacing the legacy Cross-Enterprise APM architecture.
The ZAB release is purposefully planned to align with the DX APM 21.11 SaaS release and the new Mainframe IA Agent. The agent collects z/OS, CICS, IMS, and MQ metrics from SYSVIEW, while ZAB provides the CICS and IMS transaction tracing capabilities.
ZAB is a transport mechanism that resides on z/OS. It enhances the SYSVIEW integration with DX APM. The integration provides the following capabilities:
- Extend application tracing into CICS and IMS
Increases end-to-end visibility for quickly isolating transaction performance problems.
- Integrate dashboards to monitor mainframe performance metrics
Delivers mainframe statistics and metrics into APM. Dashboards enable a side-by-side view of data from the mainframe and other managed platforms.
- Allows for increased throughput (over Cross-Enterprise APM) of IMS and CICS transaction tracing detail records
To install the ZAB component, visit Tech Doc and navigate to Integrating SYSVIEW With APM' to read the Install, Configure, and Deploy z/OS APM Bridge instructions.
To download ZAB 1.0, click here, and search by your llicensed product, SYSVIEW (16.0) or Cross-Enterprise APM (10.5). If you have any questions or require assistance, contact support.
Licensing Information for the ZAB Component
- As a SYSVIEW and DX APM customer, you are entitled to this integration at no extra cost.
- As a Cross-Enterprise APM and DX APM customer, you are entitled to this integrations at no extra charge. You may continue using CEAPM, but it is recommended you migrate to this new architecture when possible. This will allow you to take advantage of the new architecture and future enhancements.
Please note, the DX APM 21.11 SaaS release is required to support this new architecture
Should you have additional questions or want to learn more, contact the SYSVIEW Product Manager, Tom Quinn, your Broadcom account lead, or your Broadcom Mainframe Business Strategist.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.