OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  What order does the SSMPRIORITY value operate in?

Posted May 12, 2022 12:44 PM
    Setting up SSMGA, SSMPRIORITY is the higher the number the higher the priority or lower?   There is no indication in the manual.  

SYSA = 100
    SYSB = 200
    SYSC = 300

if SYSA shuts down does the resource move to SYSB or SYSC?

Thank you 
    Chris Allamon

• 2.  RE: What order does the SSMPRIORITY value operate in?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2022 03:27 PM

Hi Chris,

The SSMPRIORITY value is used to select which system will become the "global"  system in a SSMGA environment.
    The system with the higher value is selected to become the "global" system.

This concept of global system is used only SSMGVA. SSMGAV2 doesn't have this concept.
    If you are just implementing SSMGA, I strongly recommend that you implement SSMGAV2 instead as SSMGA support has been removed in OPS 14.0. The instructions to implement SSMGAV2 can be found in the link below:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/automation/ca-ops-mvs-event-management-and-automation/14-0/using/using-ca-ops-mvs/using-ssm-global-application/about-ssmgav2/how-to-set-up-ssmgav2-with-ssmplexapp-ssmgav2.html

Regards,

Mario

• 3.  RE: What order does the SSMPRIORITY value operate in?

Posted May 13, 2022 09:34 AM
    Hello Mario, I didn't realize that SSMGA went away with v14 and we have made a good amount of changes to the SSMBEGIN script.   Now I see why both implementations were started but, not finished.   I will have to see what it will take to merge our custom SSMBEGIN with the SSMGAV2 version.

Thank you for the info.

Chris Allamon