Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:16 PM

Prior to R18 when you entered a partial filter on a list screen it automatically added an asterisk "*" at the end.  In R18 this no longer occurs.  I have received comments from customers that they liked this feature and wonder why it no longer works?  Would like to here other peoples feelings on this change.

Prior to R18 when you entered a partial filter:

Insight would automatically add “*”

Now in R18:

No longer adds the “*”:

• 2.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Posted Sep 04, 2015 07:27 AM

Unless CA had a good reason for removing it then I would say that it should be put back in.  Having SYSVIEW automatically wildcard the field for you was convenient.

• 3.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2015 09:14 AM

Thank you for the feedback! We might change it back soon, but we wonder if there is anybody who would prefer to leave this filtering strict (no wildcard at the end)?

• 4.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 08:58 AM

So does anybody believe that the SYSVIEW for DB2 should use the strict filtering for string values (no wildcard at the end)? We are up to change it back to r17 style...

• 5.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Posted Oct 26, 2015 09:31 AM

I like the automatic wildcard, so I vote that it should be put back in.

On a related subject, something that has always driven me crazy in Insight is that if nothing meets the filter criteria you enter, it wipes them all out and you have to start over.  Why can't it leave the filter criteria there and just tell you nothing meets the criteria?  (We're still on R17, so I don't know if this has been fixed in R18.)

• 6.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Posted Oct 26, 2015 09:49 AM

I agree that this "bug" with SYSVIEW dropping the filter when nothing matches it should be fixed in R19.

• 7.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2015 10:17 AM

Yes, it is fixed in both r18 and r19. Actually, the filtering is moved to UI task and is now available for any tabular report.

• 8.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 11:45 AM

We have just released the PTF RO86041 for R19 that fixes the default string filtering. For R18 the fix will be available soon. Thank you for the feedback provided on this problem!

• 9.  Re: Sysview for DB2 filtering option changed in R18

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 02:42 AM

The PTF for R18 is RO86075.