Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  A discussion on disruptive change.

Posted Sep 11, 2013 07:53 AM
    Change is always around; some changes are small and easily adjusted to while others are large and not easily adjusted to. The large changes are often ‘disruptive’ to us and to sometimes to an industry.

Apple’s introduction of the iPhone was a disruptive change. We had cell phones before but the iPhone dramatically changed an industry and how the population thinks about phones. This was a disruptive change. Apple followed up with the iPad and the whole PC industry is in the midst of change. There are tablets everywhere and they are replacing use of regular PC’s causing disruptive change in the industry and how the population works and plays (online).

With the hardware changes there are software changes. Changes in what we can do with the new hardware and that provides changes in how we work, how we communicate and how we interact with both people and systems.

CA Technologies is facing the disruptive changes head on. We are leading with our mainframe modernization software with our CA Chorus family of products which includes CA Chorus Software Manager. While the industry is in a disruptive change time, we are working with the disruptive flow to provide a better user experience and set of software tools for managing your mainframe and enterprise software.

When in disruptive times I find that some of the quotes that guide entrepreneurs to be helpful. Entrepreneurs live to be disruptive it seems. Here is a link to a few quotes, enjoy: Quotes for Entrepreneurs

• 2.  RE: A discussion on disruptive change.

Posted Sep 11, 2013 08:39 AM
    Mike, thanks for sharing that. Let me add one of my favorites fromRobert F. Kennedy, "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."