SOLVE

View Only
  • 1.  Solve Operations 11.9 with Parm SEC=NMSAF

Posted Apr 10, 2017 09:32 AM

Hello,

we are running Solve Operations 11.9 as master subsystem and TopSecret started out from Solve OPS (no master subsystem). Settings for Security Exit in RUNSYSIN member was SEC=PARTSAF - til now.

Due to new passphrase support PTFs this has to be changed to SEC=NMSAF which does not work (abend/dump) because TopSecret is not available at this moment

Has anybody experiences with TopSecret not running as master subsystem combined with Solve OPS (master subsystem) and SEC=NMSAF?

• 2.  Re: Solve Operations 11.9 with Parm SEC=NMSAF

Posted Apr 12, 2017 09:52 PM

When running SUB=MSTR use SYSCHECK NO and CONCHECK NO in your SXCTL parameters to avoid security calls before the security subsystem has started.

• 3.  Re: Solve Operations 11.9 with Parm SEC=NMSAF

Posted Apr 13, 2017 04:48 AM

Hello,

I try to implement SXCTL file, but I have some problems.

is there any naming convention for the file. I cannot find any information

for to do.

At the moment it's located in PSYD.SOLVE.OPB9M0.PARMLIB(SXCTL).

there are some other files, in SXPA400 sample settings for SYSCHECK and

CONCHECK are alreade set to NO

MAINT1  EDIT      PSYD.SOLVE.OPB9M0.PARMLIB            Zeile 0000001 /

Befehl ===>                                                 Blättern ===>

CSR

Name     Prompt      Größe   Erstellt       Geändert ID

• 4.  Re: Solve Operations 11.9 with Parm SEC=NMSAF

Posted Apr 18, 2017 02:47 AM

There is no naming convention for the SXCTL file. You simply access the SXCTL Parameter file by specifying it in the DD-Card SXCTL. A sample SXCTL file is available in the PARMLIB member SXPARMS. If the SXCTL file is not allocated, then default settings are used for all parameters.

• 5.  Re: Solve Operations 11.9 with Parm SEC=NMSAF

Posted Apr 18, 2017 08:44 PM

APAR TZ58742 has been raised to correct the behaviour of SEC=NMSAF in a SUB=MSTR environment. A review of the dump provided for issue 00720988 shows that it is the system initialization call that is failing. This has been corrected.