Dispatch

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA-Dispatch users: Does anyone know how to generate a batch report, either with EasyTrieve, Earl or Culprit, that lists the contents of the "Bundle Print Status" screen?

• 1.  CA-Dispatch users: Does anyone know how to generate a batch report, either with EasyTrieve, Earl or Culprit, that lists the contents of the "Bundle Print Status" screen?

Posted Feb 22, 2018 10:29 AM

I need to cross-reference DISPATCH bundles printed from zOS syslog, with the Bundle Print Status (BP) Screen, VRDMI400.  Rather than looking up each of hundreds one bundle at a time, or only slightly better one screen at a time, I am looking for a batch report from the Dispatch database.

• 2.  Re: CA-Dispatch users: Does anyone know how to generate a batch report, either with EasyTrieve, Earl or Culprit, that lists the contents of the "Bundle Print Status" screen?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 11:35 AM

Hello Tom,

We (CA Dispatch) provide two "canned" CULPRIT reports that show this particular information. They are:

DSCULP06 - CA-DISPATCH REPORT ACTIVITY - "ALL" ACTIVITY shown on the "VRDMI400-Report Selection And Status Screen"

DSCULP07 - CA-DISPATCH REPORT ACTIVITY - YESTERDAY AND TODAY = Last 48 hours of activity on the VRDMI400 screen

- These reports can be produced by executing the DSEXCULP/CADSCULP job with the "MEMBER=" symbolic set to the desired report (Ex. MEMBER=DSCULP06).

-The submit JCL for this job is located in the Dispatch installed HLQ...CADSJCL library in the member called DSEXCULP.

-The JCL PROC that will be executed is located in the Dispatch installed HLQ...CADSPROC library in the member called CADSCULP.

You can see a sample of what the report output will look like in the Dispatch Reference Guide and the section entitled "Printing Database information" available on our Docops website at the following link:

https://docops.ca.com/display/DISP/Printing+Database+Information

And the DSEXCULP utility job is documented in the UTILITIES chapter of the Dispatch System Programmers Guide available at the following link:

https://docops.ca.com/display/DISP/Utilities#Utilities-DSEXCULP--GenerateCulpritReportsUtility

I hope you find the above information useful. Please review this documentation and take a look at the sample DSCULP06 and DSCULP07 reports and let me know if this is the information that you needed! If you think you are going to need additional followup, please consider opening a support case and I will be happy to followup with you.

Regards,
    Scott London
    ca Support