Application Lifecycle Conductor

View Only
  • 1.  Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Posted May 05, 2016 11:37 AM

Hello,

May I use Application Lifecycle Conductor to integrate with another application via web services?

If not. What can I use?

Regards!

Tania Moreno

• 2.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Posted May 06, 2016 10:51 AM

Hi Rose.Sakach,

Anybody from your team can help me with this question?

Regards and hugs!

Tania

• 3.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2016 06:34 AM

Tania,

ALC 3.0 IR1 has introduced a REST API, to remotely trigger rules execution. It is described in the Manage Rule Scripts part of the Administration Guide, Rest API for Executing Rules sub-chapter.

Hope it answers your question.

Christian

• 4.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2016 11:21 AM

Hi Tania,

Christian's answer nails it - we have a REST API to trigger rule execution via web services in 3.0.  Since the back end is essentially a workflow, taking any number of parameters which become variables in the workflow, it can be used as a front end for other product automation (e.g. triggering package creation, execution, promotion, notifications, etc.).  More APIs are coming in the next release as well.

• 5.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Posted May 09, 2016 11:52 AM

Hello Christian,

We are proposed to do a POC with SOAP? 

Does it works?

Regards,

Tania Moreno

• 6.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2016 12:15 PM

Hi Tania,

The ALC web services API is REST only, however it should be easier to use than SOAP.  Is there a reason SOAP is proposed?

Vaughn

• 7.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Posted May 10, 2016 09:28 AM

Hi Vaughn,

The external provider propose to make the integration via SOAP Web Services.

The other idea for integration is using scritps directly from Harvest. They want programs to compile, check in executables and get objects to deploy. They have their own deploying tool.

Regards,

Tania

• 8.  Re: Do CA ALC have Web Services?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2016 12:29 AM

OK - thanks for the info.  Scripts would be possible but will require a Harvest client (command line) on the machine the scripts work from.  The operations you propose are probably best suited to the CLI API from what I see though as you'd be transferring fairly large amounts of data over HTTP for check in / check out.