SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG

Posted Mar 10, 2021 10:20 AM
    I remember requesting this function previously but I have not seen the request completed..
    • When using the filtering command it would be nice to have the dates and timeframe prefilled
    • . When using CTRANLOG and enter specific information in the filter to find information on transactions, it would be nice to have the information remain in the field since we have to bounce around around alot when trouble shooting.  Currently it is very time consuming to refill the filter everytime I get out of the CTRANLOG....
    • Are there any plans to start using DISCOVERY for the CICS Regions so do not have to maintain the entries everytime the systems change. For large shops this is a very time consuming task.  

• 2.  RE: SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG

Posted Jun 25, 2021 12:32 PM
    I would have to agree ​John.

• 3.  RE: SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG

Posted Feb 16, 2022 11:07 AM
    I have not seen any follow up by Broadcom on this issue .....

• 4.  RE: SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2021 11:09 AM

John,
    These enhancement requests should be submitted under the 'Ideas' section for proper focus:
    https://community.broadcom.com/ideation/allideas

Regarding your note about CICS discovery...the CICSLIST command automatically shows all active regions on an LPAR.  Maybe you're maintaining a list for some specific purpose?

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Doug Miller
    Software Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG

Posted Aug 10, 2021 03:16 AM
    So Doug - like John K I previously requested this via an Ideation request and then of course the Ideation site was 'cleared down'. So I have re-requested via a new Ideation request. ​

• 6.  RE: SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2022 02:33 PM
    Hi John,

Post discussion with the Engineering team, we have prioritized CTRANLOG filter enhancement idea in the SYSVIEW product backlog. Delivery timeline will be determined and communicated once our Engineers begin active research. Research user story is planned for Fall.

I will keep you informed. Also, I have posted this idea to the SYSVIEW community ideas - link.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Rachita Issar

• 7.  RE: SYSVIEW FILTERING using CTRANLOG

Posted May 17, 2022 02:16 PM
    Thanks you for posting this . Unfortunately the keep changing the rules for these types of issues. When I asked about this type of issue , Broadcom told me to post in the communities section.  
    Guess we will see where this goes now...