Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  CA DatacomServer Mainframe and Client Compatibility

Posted Jul 01, 2016 02:32 PM

Customers have asked, is it possible to upgrade my mainframe DatacomServer to the latest release and keep my PC or client users on the previous release until we are ready to push out the PC or client upgrade?

It IS possible to leave the PC or client release at the prior release andupgrade your mainframe DatacomServer first.

See the following resources to determine compatibility between the mainframe and the PC versions of this product:

This matrix includes the compatibility of both DatacomServer 14.0 and 15.0. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, please visit support.ca.com and open up a DatacomServer case there or call our Call Center at 800-225-5224.

• 2.  Re: CA DatacomServer Mainframe and Client Compatibility

Posted Jul 01, 2016 02:47 PM

Norma,

I have a few DB Servers on the mainframe, some are v11 and some are v14.  the V14 servers are using the JDBC type 4 connections, that does not use the proxy server(USS component).

this allows the v14 servers to run much faster than the v11 servers.

so, my question is can I upgrade the other v11 db servers to v14 and eliminate the proxy server.  Will the application still work?  I suspect no, because their connection string has the proxy server port number coded into it.

what say you, can the application still have their v11 .jar file and same connection string after upgrading to v14 and NO proxy server(USS component) running?