Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way to use the TSS MODEL command on a profile?

Posted Oct 13, 2016 01:37 PM

I'm going through a cleanup of a client's TSS database, using the MODEL command to save each ACID's definition and then deleting it.  At this installation users may have multiple ACIDs with a sort of "personal profile" that is shared between all his ACIDs to make administration easier; so if I delete (say) four ACIDs belonging to the same user, I'll delete that personal profile as well.

But when I use the MODEL command on the profile, I'm informed:

*** TSS MODEL command failed with RC=4.

*** Command was TSS MODEL ACID($xxxxx1P) USING($xxxxx1P)

TSS1605E INVALID ACID TYPE FOR USING

TSS0301I MODEL FUNCTION FAILED, RETURN CODE = 4

Ok, the documentation doesn't say so explicitly but clearly the MODEL command is unwilling to handle profiles.  So two questions:

1) Can anyone think of a way I can get around this—fool the MODEL command into thinking it's ok after all, changing PROFILE to USER, copy the permissions to another ACID and model that instead ... anything?

2) If not, is there any reason this can't be taken as a request for enhancement?

Later datum: I just heard from Kris Horgen, and I gather from his example that the MODEL command does work for profiles...in r16.  Duh! — Sorry, I should have added that this client is on r15.

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to use the TSS MODEL command on a profile?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2016 03:39 PM

Hi Bob,

On what release of CA Top Secret (TSS) are you issuing this command? (You can issue TSS MODIFY VERSION to find this.) In TSS r15, fix RO33282 was written to allow the TSS MODEL command for TYPE PROFILE acids. This fix should have been sourced in TSS r16. I tested TSS MODEL ACID(prof2) USING(prof1) in TSS r15 (with RO33282 applied) and in TSS r16 and the command works in both. If you are running TSS r15 (with RO33282 applied) or TSS r16, please issue TSS LIST($xxxxx1P) and make sure it is a TYPE PROFILE acid.

Best regards,

Bob Boerum

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to use the TSS MODEL command on a profile?

Posted Oct 13, 2016 03:57 PM

Right, they're on 15.  I'll talk to the sysprog there about the fix.  Thanks, Bob.

Meanwhile I taught my REXX to check the ACID type:  If it's a profile it now just saves the LIST output, otherwise it saves the results of the MODEL command.  It's a workaround of sorts, but I like your solution better.