Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  RESLIST return area greater than 1024

Posted Jan 22, 2014 03:59 PM

Fellow Top-Secret users,

Working on a situation right now where we are utilizing a RESLIST function, and I am not sure if it is normal, but we are getting a RC=4, and I am not certain all the results for the resource in question are getting returned. Is the maximum value we can expect to be returned for RESLIST 1024 bytes, or is the maximum value larger, or is there something we need to do to ensure we can return greater than 1024 bytes.

Thanks

Randy Mc Carthy

• 2.  RE: RESLIST return area greater than 1024
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2014 06:18 PM

Randy, are you referring to the RESLIST function of TSSAI?  Default max length is 1024, but you can increase to 32K.  If you are using IRRPNL00 I don't think you have this limitation.  (Haven't worked with this for a long time...going mostly by memory and a quick look at the TSS User Guide). 

Also, wouldn't you be able to verify whether or not all the results for the resource in question ar getting returned by performing a TSS LIST(user) DATA(XAUTH,PROFILE) as well as listing the ALL record, to identify all of the target resources that are expected to be found ... and then compare that with the results that are being returned? --Joe