Vantage

View Only
  • 1.  Interested in collaboration with development on improving Oracle/STK interface?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 11:03 AM

We are upgrading the Vantage interface to Oracle/STK virtual and real tape libraries (Tape Resource Management - Virtual Tape Systems - Sun StorageTek VSM, Tape Resource Management - Robotic Systems - Sun StorageTek Tape Libraries) to the UUI (Unified User Interface). We are looking for Vantage customers (using Oracle/STK interface) who would be willing to provide us some samples of metadata from ELS 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and/or do some simple testing for us.

If you are willing to collaborate in this area please let me know.

Thank you for considering this collaboration.

Ivan Sequens

Sr. Director, Vantage development 

• 2.  Re: Interested in collaboration with development on improving Oracle/STK interface?

Posted Feb 19, 2016 05:15 PM

Ivan -  There doesn't seem to be a way to reply only to you, but yes, I would be willing to work with you on a better Vantage/STK interface.

• 3.  Re: Interested in collaboration with development on improving Oracle/STK interface?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 04:18 AM

It is possible to read the information from STK library directly using UUI interface. We are able to change our interface to use this method. But we are unable to test the "virtual tape" commands in our lab. Is some customer interested in this change and willing to help us?

Petr Hrdlicka

• 4.  Re: Interested in collaboration with development on improving Oracle/STK interface?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:27 AM

Petr -

I would be interested.  Contact me offline.

- Don