IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Searching the message boards and the use of tags ?

Posted Sep 27, 2012 05:33 PM
    Specifically at this time, I am looking for compatability issues for IDMS R17 running on zos 1.13. The DBA Issues catagory has no less than 250 pages of threads. Is there a way of searching the thread names/descriptions for occurrences of certain text (like "zos 1.13")?

On the second page of listings in the DBA Issues category I found a thread started by Gary Cherlet on zos 1.13 and old (pre r17) releases of IDMS and I can see at the top of his message that it is tagged a number of times - one of them being a tag for "zos 1.13". (a) how does one tag your posts and (b) assuming people are using tags for their posts, is there a way to search the category for all posts with a specific tag?

• 2.  RE: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Searching the message boards and

Posted Sep 27, 2012 05:50 PM
    To address the original post – we upgraded to z/OS 1.13 between May and July 2012 – at that time ALL production CVs were running IDMS R17. In Sept 2012 we migrate most (but not all) CVs to IDMS R18 . We experienced no problems during the z/OS 1.13 / IDMS R17 overlap period (which continues for the forseeable future for the remaining production CVs)

Chris hoelscher
    Technology Architect | Database Infrastructure Services
    Technology Solution Services
    [Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CD13D7.1A57CAF0]
    123 East Main Street |Louisville, KY 40202
    choelscher@humana.com
    Humana.com
    Keeping CAS and Metavance safe for all HUMANAty

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:33 PM
    To: mb.15636067.99216159@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Searching the message boards and the use of tags ?

Specifically at this time, I am looking for compatability issues for IDMS R17 running on zos 1.13. The DBA Issues catagory has no less than 250 pages of threads. Is there a way of searching the thread names/descriptions for occurrences of certain text (like "zos 1.13")?

On the second page of listings in the DBA Issues category I found a thread started by Gary Cherlet on zos 1.13 and old (pre r17) releases of IDMS and I can see at the top of his message that it is tagged a number of times - one of them being a tag for "zos 1.13". (a) how does one tag your posts and (b) assuming people are using tags for their posts, is there a way to search the category for all posts with a specific tag?
    Posted by:emburyd
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.15636067.99216159@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.15636067.99216159@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
    and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error,
    please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.

• 3.  RE: Searching the message boards and the use of tags ?

Posted Sep 27, 2012 06:03 PM
      |   view attached
    Regarding "tags" - under the "text area" where you type in your post there is a place for "Tags" - see attachment. You can do one of two things:
    [list]
    [*]Type "key words" into the "tage line" and press enter to add - or pick from "suggestions" that will pop up - or -
    [*]Click on "Suggestions" box and you can "select" from a drop down list of Existing tags
    [list]
    If you created the post - you can click on "[color=#092de1]edit[color]" and add tags after the fact - or the forum Administrator can add tags in - as they have the ability to "[color=#092de1]edit[color]" posts.

The reason that all of the X-posts that I did have tags is because I created the tags when I X-posted the first post in a thread.

Regarding Searches - there is a search facility in upper right - pop in some key words and "have a bash". In particular I would suggest key words that you have seen used in "tags" - and I think you will find a pretty good hit rate. My experience anyway.

HTH - cheers - Gary

• 4.  RE: Searching the message boards and the use of tags ?

Posted Sep 27, 2012 06:34 PM
    The "Tag" function in the communities is not yet fully implemented. There is an extensive conversation about tags and labels in the MyCA feedback community. I will summarize a response from J.J. Lovett from the communities team:

Tags are something that has been on the radar for Sam and I for some time. The first part would be enabling tag clouds for use in navigation to get to certain/hot content items quickly and easily. The second part would be looking to leverage our federated search engine to include them to elevate the content that was as well. We certainly want to address both of these - we have entered requests into the queue - we just need to get the resources to address given the current priority of work.

That said, once tagging is fully implemented, any tags you put on now will be usable in the future. The search engine still works, just not with the tags.

Please join the MyCA Feedback Community, it is open to everyone, and add your voice to the use of this feature.

• 5.  RE: Searching the message boards and the use of tags ?

Posted Sep 28, 2012 11:43 AM
    I'd like to move this thread to the DBA board so that we can keep these two questions separate.

The tag and subscribe from the technical discussion.

• 6.  Re: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] RE: Searching the message boards

Posted Sep 28, 2012 12:13 PM
    Be my guest.

Dave Embury,
    Service Delivery Operations - Canada
    IBM - Global Technology Services (GTS)
    01/UCY/410/WLOO
    410 Albert St., Waterloo. ON N2L 3V3
    Internal IBM email: Dave Embury/Ontario/IBM@IBMCA
    External (Internet) email: emburyd@ca.ibm.com
    Voice: (519) 880-2946 {5-2946}
    Pager: (519) 569-3551
    Fax: (519) 746-4727

Anyone who survives mustard gas and pepper spray is a seasoned veteran.

"CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community"
    <CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com>
    To:
    "mb.15636067.99222670@myca-email.ca.com"
    <mb.15636067.99222670@myca-email.ca.com>
    Date:
    09/28/2012 11:43 AM
    Subject:
    [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] RE: Searching the message
    boards and the use of tags ?

I'd like to move this thread to the DBA board so that we can keep these two
    questions separate.

The tag and subscribe from the technical discussion.
    Posted by:lindajcasey
    --

mb.15636067.99222670@myca-email.ca.com

• 7.  RE: Re: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] RE: Searching the message boa

Posted Sep 28, 2012 12:34 PM
    Will do

• 8.  RE: Re: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] RE: Searching the message boa
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2012 02:51 PM
    Actually, all of my questions have been answered. Thanks everyone.

• 9.  RE: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Searching the message boards and

Posted Sep 27, 2012 11:52 PM
    As far as compatibility, we have run 7 r17sp1 development CVs on z/OS 1.13 since July 2012 and 9 r17sp1 production CVs on 1.13 since August 2012 – no compatibility issues.

99.9 percent ADS, terminal access through UCFCICS.

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:33 PM
    Subject: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Searching the message boards and the use of tags ?

--
    mb.15636067.99216159@myca-email.ca.com

• 10.  RE: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Searching the message boards and

Posted Sep 28, 2012 08:27 AM
    Our IDMS is at R17.1. We upgraded to z/OS from 1.11 to 1.13 last Sunday. There have been no IDMS problems.

There are some IDMS fixes specific to z/OS 1.13. If you apply the latest maintenance pack (R036051) like we did, you will get them all.

Kay Rozeboom
    Information Technology Enterprise
    Iowa Department of Administrative Services
    Telephone: 515.281.6139 Fax: 515.281.6137
    Email: Kay.Rozeboom@iowa.gov

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:33 PM

--
    mb.15636067.99216159@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.15636067.99216159@myca-email.ca.com>