ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ESP Workstation and Mac users

Posted Apr 11, 2019 10:14 AM

Hello All,

I think I've seen this topic from time to time but will ask again.  We have a new user on a Mac laptop that would like access to the Workstation.  My feeling is the quickest solution would be to install on a shared server and have them remote into it.

Are there any other solutions out there you are using to allow Mac users to access the Workstation, I'm open to anything.

Thanks in advance.

Len

• 2.  Re: ESP Workstation and Mac users
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2019 10:49 AM

Len,

You could use VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox to run a Windows VM and install Workstation in it.  In some cases the view options makes the experience fairly seamless. 

You could also consider streaming Workstation via Terminal Services or publishing it as a Citrix app, but note that CA does not support these options.  Legal disclaimer done, Citrix is a good option, just don't expect CA to help you if you have issues.

• 3.  Re: ESP Workstation and Mac users

Posted Apr 25, 2019 11:03 AM

Jonathan,  I believe the workstations save one's profile in either C:\Users\.. or C:\ProgramData..

I believe citrix doesn't allow one to write to a C: drive.    Do you know of a way around this so citrix users can actually create and save custom views and filters to a profile if the C: drive is not writeable?

• 4.  Re: ESP Workstation and Mac users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 01:30 PM

Hi Michael,

You are right, so the user profiles need to be put in the shared drive which can be accessed by all the workstation users.

See below for a workaround, it's given to one client:

Using ESP Workstation in a Citrix environment where it is desireable for      

each Citrix user to have their own ESP Workstation profile.  On each          

Citrix server that has ESP Workstation installed, modify the ESP User Profile 

Directory registry entry at HKLM\Software\Cybermation\ESPWS.                  

Specify a path that each Citrix 'user' has read/write access to.  This path   

should be the 'home' path that is unique to each user (from the Citrix        

point of view) but that each user refers to using the same name.              

For example:  H:\ESP_PROFILE                                                  

ESP Workstation will use the registry settings on the Citrix server to        

locate the profile.                                                           

In your environment, each user that connects to a Citrix server gets drive 

H: mapped to a path containing their personal data.  In the example above,    

ESP Workstation will store this users settings in H:\ESP_PROFILE, allowing    

them to maintain their own profile seperate from other users.          

--------------

Hope this helps,

Lucy       

• 5.  Re: ESP Workstation and Mac users

Posted Apr 26, 2019 02:42 PM

thanks Lucy, we'll give that a try