ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  API to CA Business Service Insight?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 12:03 PM

Is there an interface, method or API from CA Workload Automation ESP to CA Business Service Insight? If so, can you direct me to the documentation?  

• 2.  Re: API to CA Business Service Insight?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 02:19 PM

Hi David,

"CA Business Service Insight" runs on distributed platform, while ESP runs on mainframe. So there is no API from ESP to it.

Could you tell if you have any ESP agent installed on the same server? And I added "CA Workload Automation Agents" on Categories and see if any agent has the API to it.

Thank you,

Lucy

• 3.  Re: API to CA Business Service Insight?

Posted Mar 07, 2018 03:29 PM

Hi Lucy - there is no ESP agent running on the CA BSI machine. We have a process that is single threaded at this time and writing ESP job data to flat files that are FTP'd to BSI later. Would like to see if we could get the data straight to the BSI engine as soon as ESP knows about the completion. If the agents have the capability then that could be an option I suspect.

Thanks,

David    

• 4.  Re: API to CA Business Service Insight?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:04 PM

Hi David,

Following strategy is commonly used by ESP and agent users:

- Set up monitor event in ESP for job completion by NOTIFY in ESP Proc, or event defined on tracking model;

- In the monitor event, run an agent wob which can send an message to another software like CA BSI, or issue command like below to pass an SNMP trap message:

ESP AGENTMSG . . LUCY1 . . -
    TRIGGER MONITOR MonitoredNode(%MGRADDR) Nodetype(Manager) -
    Nodename(X114_Manager) Domain(MAIN) Applname(%MNAPPL) -
    Applgen(%MNAPPLGEN) Jobname(%MNJOB) JobQual(%MNQUAL) -
    State(%MNPOINT) Status(%MNSTATUS)

Note: to send SNMP message, the agent needs to turn on SNMP plugin.

If one of above works, then you may consider to install one agent on the same server where CA BSI resides.

Hope this helps,

Lucy