ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.

Posted Aug 02, 2017 02:43 PM

I am trying to figure out whether or not Build 105 or 106 has the new "Reset WOB" function.  However, the DocOps page(s) do not provide much info on this.  Can anyone answer this question, and perhaps let me know where updated documentation and release notes on Workstation versions is kept?

Thanks!

Jonathan

• 2.  Re: CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:40 AM

Hi Jonathan,

RESETWOB feature will be added to ESP Workstation 11.3 build 107. I will let you know when it's GA'd.

Note: you will need to have PTF RO94629 applied on ESP side as well.

Thank you,

Lucy

• 3.  Re: CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:46 AM

Yes, as Lucy mentioned RESETWOB will be available in build 107.  Also if you haven't yet applied RO94629,   please wait with applying it, we are fixing some issues with longname reported by our other customers, and we should have new PTF in 2 weeks period.  And that is the reason of also not publishing build 107, we are waiting PTF first to be released.

Thank you

Tatevik

• 4.  Re: CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.

Posted Aug 03, 2017 11:04 AM

Thank you all!  This is helpful.  My other question is, what is the best way to "keep current' on Workstation development, latest version etc.?  I was under the impression that DocOps would be the place to get this kind of information, but it really doesn't seem to be.

Thanks!

• 5.  Re: CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.

Posted Aug 08, 2017 11:26 AM

what does 'resetwob' provide?

• 6.  Re: CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.

Posted Aug 08, 2017 11:45 AM

Reset Workload Object allows you to make changes to a job that is either waiting to run in the schedule, or that has failed, etc.  The beauty of it is that it does not make or require permanent changes to the procedure or application.  So, for example, we have some jobs that use multiple ENVAR statements that change every week.  Since the jobs run on request, this is a multi-step process:  Edit the app and add the new ENVAR statements for each job, go into CSF and request the job.  With RW, the number of steps as well as the potential for mistakes is decreased.  I can give a few other examples if you like, but the documentation for this new function has been placed into Docops, and you can rad it here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-esp-edition/11-4/en/operating/monitor-and-control-using-csf-and-application-monitor/reset-workload-objects-in-an-application

As stated above, if your operators are used to using Workstation (as ours are) they will get this in the form of a context menu item in build 107.

-Jonathan

• 7.  Re: CA WA ESP Workstation Version, Release Notes, etc.

Posted Aug 08, 2017 11:48 AM
      |   view attached

excellent…thank you