ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA7-reports   Is there a way to get a report on a system= v/s a job=

Posted May 31, 2016 12:12 PM

I'm trying to build a report for jobs that are vpn in nature with times that they run.   We are trying to find windows for downtime because we are moving and they need to have hard cutoffs to move from one location to another.   I already have the jobs all coded as system=ndm  ,  but the job names start with different things so I can't do a global with job name on them.

Any ideas how to do this without having to write everything down?

renate

• 2.  Re: CA7-reports   Is there a way to get a report on a system= v/s a job=

Posted May 31, 2016 12:58 PM

Hello Renate,

I am going to assume you would like to be able to pull this information in batch format.  If that is the case you can run a BTI – LJOB,JOB=*,SYS=NDM

Ca7 will produce a list of all the jobs defined with that system definition.

Phon

• 3.  Re: CA7-reports   Is there a way to get a report on a system= v/s a job=

Posted May 31, 2016 01:12 PM

I knew I didn't give enough info  *g...    I'm wanting to run something like a sasshis8 report 6. 

I'm trying to find the window of jobs that have sys=ndm* where nothing is running. 

• 4.  Re: CA7-reports   Is there a way to get a report on a system= v/s a job=
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:08 AM

Hello Renate,

Mary Sue and I have thought about this and there is nothing canned that can extract the data by system name. This would be something we recommend you post the ideation board as and enhancement to SASSXTRK to pull data by system name, like you can do by job name.

-Roderick

• 5.  Re: CA7-reports   Is there a way to get a report on a system= v/s a job=

Posted Jun 01, 2016 10:14 AM

Marysue, Roderick_Woods,   can you look at this please?

Renate

• 6.  Re: CA7-reports   Is there a way to get a report on a system= v/s a job=

Posted Jun 08, 2016 04:57 PM

I put this idea in so If you think it might be a good thing please vote up.

thanks

renate