ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Reserving PORTs for ESP in TCPIP

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:34 PM

I was wondering if you can reserve a PORT number in the TCPIP Config member?  The reason I ask is we did this today and now I get the following two messages when it is started

ESP3270W TCP connection prematurely terminated by partner: ***.XX.X.***:1235->ZZZ.ZZ.Z.ZZZ:4623     
    ESP3270W TCP connection prematurely terminated by partner: ***.XX.X.***:1235->YYY,YYY.Y.YY:62680

I do the display for the NETWORK Connections and they look connected.

I have restarted ESP twice and the ESP3270W occurred twice.

Is this an issue due to the ports being reserved? Or something else?  I have not seen this message before we reserved the port.

Lizette

• 2.  Re: Reserving PORTs for ESP in TCPIP

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:48 AM

Hi Lizette,

First let me make sure I understand what you are attempting.

1. The PORT number for ESPWSS to listen on is set in the WSSPARM member.  In your error message this is 1235. This probably works fine.
    2. I think you are trying to limit the TCPIP outgoing PORT that goes back to the desktop. In your example 4623 and 62680.  This is negotiated by TCPIP dynamically for each desktop. This is really a TCPIP issue but I am not aware of any way to have TCPIP use the same port for every desktop.  Somehow setting it to a specific port could cause issues since that port may not be available on every desktop.  

Maybe I "Missed the boat". Let me know if this is not what you are asking.

• 3.  Re: Reserving PORTs for ESP in TCPIP

Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:28 AM

So prior to this change it was just documented that ESP uses 1235.  However, another system task was started before ESP and decided 1235 was open and acquired it.  So when ESP came up, then it received the BIND error.

So the only issue I had is I needed to do the netstat all (port 1235      command and determine what other task(s) were trying to use Port 1235.

Once that was determined, the task(s) were cycled and ESP was able to take the port.

Lizette