ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Required topline command to replace the job

Posted May 09, 2016 02:44 AM

Hi All,

I am planing to restart a job from the particular step through ARF. However, we do not have CA-11 installed in our mainframe system. To get it enabled is the lengthy process and am not sure will they install or not.

Here I have alternate plan to achieve it. But again I have restrictions in CA7 topline commands

Through BTI JOB,

1) I wanted to FETCH the abneded job (not fetch and edit) through CA7 topline command [example : FETCH,JOBNAME,JCLID=**]

2) Then I wanted to Replace the abended job (in QJCL) with another new CA7 job through CA7 topline command [example :  QJCL,REPL=JOBNAME but the command is not exist]

Could someone please advice on this?

Thanks,

Saravanan

• 2.  Re: Required topline command to replace the job

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 04:26 PM

Hello Saravanan

Although the abended job can be altered via your QJCL function, replacing it with another job requires some maneuvering and more manipulating and may not be possible.  I would recommend that you open a case directly with the CA Workload CA 7 Edition Support Desk so that more direct information can be gathered. 

thanks

Melvin Henderson

CA 7 Tech Support

• 3.  Re: Required topline command to replace the job

Posted May 25, 2016 12:14 AM

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for the reply...

Here am not gonna replace with any other job. I am going to replace with the same job but with restart card. Due to some connectivity issues or server unavailability in fraction of seconds, some jobs will fail frequently and the corrective action would be simply restarting the job in abended step after sometimes. I thought of fixing those jobs by following the above steps through ARF.

• 4.  Re: Required topline command to replace the job

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2016 09:33 AM

Hello Saravanan

Any further questions regarding restarting a job via ARF, without CA 11?  If you do have further questions, please open a case at support.ca.com and a technician will discuss with you other option as it may be related to your business requirement.

thanks