ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA-ESP/ CA-11? question  for CA7/CA11

Posted Sep 16, 2015 05:59 PM

LennThompson told me "Just did a little digging, and you can't find it because we don't really use the CA 11 name anymore! Looks like that would be CA Workload Automation ESP, which is covered here CA Workload Automation."

This was in response to my question about where is the CA11 communities.   All I could find was one in Japanese.   I HATE name changes....  I can't keep up with everything I have to, PLUS all the new names people want to make.  They just changed our department name at work....  We have had the same name for 33 years...  Now they changed it.   eeepppsssss.    ok so on the to reason I was looking for the communities in the first place.

This is the question that came to me from one of our programmers.  " 

Both Ken and John noted that they had problems with CA-11 when they attempted to have Ops restart a couple of IM jobs.  The situation was that a DD statement had to be added to the JCL, and afterwards CA-11 got confused when the operator tried to restart the job.  Is there a way to do this, or do we just have to modify the JCL and run it out of overrides?  Ken said he thought you knew of a way to do it."

My response was that since they added a DD that CA11 did recognize from the first run that CA11 wouldn't allow a restart.   Is that correct or am I all wet or do I need to learn something new?  

help?

Renate

• 2.  Re: CA-ESP/ CA-11? question  for CA7/CA11
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2015 09:01 AM

Significant JCL changes are not allow when job is in restart status.   If there

is a need to make JCL changes when the job is in restart status the job will have to

be restarted without CA 11 by doing an OS restart.  Using the RESTART= parameter on

the JOB statement would be required to bypass the U11RMS step.  For information on

changes that can and can not be made when job is in restart status see CA 11 User Guide

section entitled 'Effect of JCL Changes on U11RMS ' (pages 79-82)

Also as a FYI the current product name for CA 11 is 'CA Workload Automation Restart

Options for z/OS Schedulers' .  It appear on the left side on the main WA Communities page.

• 3.  Re: CA-ESP/ CA-11? question  for CA7/CA11

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 17, 2015 11:14 AM

Thanks, whial01. The only thing i could find tied CA 11 and ESP together. Good to know that it's Restart Options for z/OS Schedulers.