VM

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Could the VM:Operator SYSLOG use an SFS directory instead of the default 1D0 mdisk?

• 1.  Could the VM:Operator SYSLOG use an SFS directory instead of the default 1D0 mdisk?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 12:07 PM

We currently move the previous day(s) log to an SFS directory so that only the current log is in 1D0. However, there are days when this fills up and we get the VMYLOG0181W message. I know we could increase the size of  the1D0 mdisk, but if I could startup VM:Operator with SYSLOG pointing to an SFS directory, it would be great. 

We will be using VM:Operator as a SYSLOGD receiver and we are expecting a ton of messages. With an SFS directory, I can present a forecast of disk usage before we go into production. 

• 2.  Re: Could the VM:Operator SYSLOG use an SFS directory instead of the default 1D0 mdisk?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 01:36 PM

Carlos,

We don’t currently support SFS directories for product service machine disks.  You will need to enlarge the 1D0.

For a product like VMOPERATOR, it is likely it will be up and running before any SFS system so it would be problematic for the product to have SFS directories for it’s 1D0 (for instance). It couldn’t initialize and other problems could arise from that.

Kevin