TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  tpx administrator

Posted Sep 07, 2016 07:31 PM

Is it possible to define a CA TPX user administrator so that thay can administer userids but NOT profiles? I would like these Admin IDs to be able to maintain any userids that are in the GROUPS that they can modify, but I do NOT want them to be able to adminsiter ANY Profiles, even if they ARE in a GROUP that this user can modify.

I am also willing to consider modifying TPX panels and/or exits in order to accomplish this task!  

I would appreciate any help or suggestions that you can provide.

Thanks

Tony

• 2.  Re: tpx administrator
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2016 05:53 PM

Currently there is no method within TPX to support that level of granularity for User Administrators.

Options that are available to a user are based upon their level of user administration and that is done within the TPX code so not really modifiable via panels and current exits.

I would encourage you to submit this as an Idea for TPX for future consideration.

#tpx

• 3.  Re: tpx administrator

Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:09 AM

Hi acieri,

the type of Administration you ask for is currently not available in TPX. Therefore, as Gail already said, the best way to let our Deveopment know about your request is to open an idea here in the Communities. Development is reviewing these ideas on a regular base. Additionally everyone reading your idea can vote and comment on it.