TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Tech Tip: What to do when Message "XCOMN0287E ERROR SETTING REMOTE USERID" appears

Posted Jul 30, 2014 01:28 AM

Message "XCOMN0287E ERROR SETTING REMOTE USERID" appears when doing a XCOM-transfer from Mainframe to Windows and no Userid is provided in SYSIN01. Initiating a transfer from the mainframe to Windows without specifying a userid as part of the SYSIN01 parameters is handled as a Trusted Security transfer. In this case the userid of the user submitting the job is used for the security checking on the remote system. This userid has to be defined on Windows as a trusted system and user as follows:

1. From the XCOM GUI, click on Tools and Trusted Access. A dialog box named "Unicenter CA-XCOM Data Transport for Windows" appears. Enter the Name or IP address of the remote system in question if it does not exist in the Add Remote System tab and click Add. If the remote system already exists then review the Update Remote System Information tab.
    2. Select the Users tab, highlight the remote system and click the Manage Users button. Add the userid information and click the Add button.
    3. Click the APPLY and OK buttons as necessary.
    4. Restart xcomd to let the changes become effective.

• 2.  Re: Tuesday Tip: What to do when Message "XCOMN0287E ERROR SETTING REMOTE USERID" appears

Posted Aug 03, 2015 03:00 PM

Hello this is Justo Sanchez i had a problem with CA XCOM 11.6 Windows

We have a CA XCOM 11.0 Windows that receives info from a CA XCOM z/Os but when I use the CA XCOM 11.6 Windows i receive the error Error setting remote user id

Reason:

An error was encountered while trying to set the remote user ID.

Action:

Check that the remotely requested user ID is valid on your system, that the remote initiator has correctly entered it and the password for it, and that the user ID has "logon locally" authority.

I noticed that the same xcom.glb is equal on both systems.

I also review the Trusted Access (Both uses them) ... 

I   the defaults for remote initiated transfers as I said on Global Parameters - Security but it remains to do the same error

Regards

Justo Sanchez

itca@miyaserv.com

• 3.  Re: Tuesday Tip: What to do when Message "XCOMN0287E ERROR SETTING REMOTE USERID" appears

Posted Aug 04, 2015 02:35 AM

Hello Mr. Sanchez,

if you have problems with XCOM on Windows then please open a case via support.ca.com and we are happy to help.

Please provide us with both xcom.glb files as they should not be identical - there are some parameters specific to the Windows where XCOM runs, like SYSID=*** and SYSNAME=*** and all the parameters for trusted transfer: TRUST_ODBC=***, TRUST_PASS.ENCRYPTED=***, TRUST_USER=root, TRUST_OWNER=*** and TRUST_TABLE_PFX=***.

Thank you and Regards,

Alexander Piesenecker

• 4.  Re: Tuesday Tip: What to do when Message "XCOMN0287E ERROR SETTING REMOTE USERID" appears

Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:25 AM

Hello Justo,

Our installation procedure includes defining "Access this computer from the network", in addition to "Allow log on locally". We added these policy attributes in order to avoid XCOMN0287E errors. But I think they were already required on 11.0, while you say that XCOM works well on the server with 11.0.

Still, you might want to add this other attributes and see if it helps!

Regards, Yohai