TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Mainframe Application Tuner - sampling DB2

Posted Jun 09, 2014 12:31 PM

Using MAT to monitor a long running batch job that uses DB2.  The monitoring that I have done does not return any DB2 information. When doing Interactive Analysis of the results of the monitoring I get a message 'No DB2 Data was sampled' when selecting View all SQL.  Is there some unique setting that I need to set to get DB2 samples.

• 2.  Re: Mainframe Application Tuner - sampling DB2

Posted Jun 17, 2014 02:52 PM

Hi Tony,

When you receive the message no DB2 data sampled where are you navigating from in the MAT report?  Can you see any DB2 data in option 10 of the MAT report? You may need to open a support ticket but before we do that perhaps I can help determine if the problem is a configuration problem send me an email with the details.

Regards.

Yvette Santana
    Engineering Services Architect
    Tel:      +1-508-628-8552
    Mobile: +1-508-507-0315

Yvette.Santana@ca.com

• 3.  Re: Mainframe Application Tuner - sampling DB2

Posted Jun 17, 2014 03:28 PM

Thanks for the reply, I get the message when I hit option 10 of the MAT report.  I have found out from our large system team, that we have an upgrade of Computer Associations software that will be going in the end of the week.  I will try it again then to see if I'm still having the issue.

• 4.  Re: Mainframe Application Tuner - sampling DB2

Posted Jun 17, 2014 03:40 PM

Hi Tony,

Unfortuantely unless the upgrade includes Mainframe Application Tuner I don’t see how it will change the results. Keep me posted.

Yvette

• 5.  Re: Mainframe Application Tuner - sampling DB2

Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:46 PM

The upgrade has fixed my issue.