Panvalet

View Only
  • 1.  Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:16 PM

Hi All,

I just  want to know that is there any procedure or function which can be used to browse/access the Panvalet members using the panvalet PDS. IF anyone has any idea on this, it would be really helpful. Thanks!!

• 2.  Re: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2015 11:52 AM

Hi,

The Panvalet panlib is not a PDS but it is a proprietary dataset. You can copy panvalet members from the panlib over to a PDS. You can also browse the panvalet panlib using the Panvalet/ISPF interface.

I will need to find a REXX example, however it is easier to browse the panlib if you have the Panvalet/ISPF interface.

Best Regards,

Elayne 

• 3.  Re: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Posted Dec 29, 2015 01:45 PM

Hi Elayne,

Thanks for prompt response.Actually the requirement is to expand the copybooks or sub programs whenever user will place cursor on 'COPY' or 'CALL' verb in the main program and press specified PF key.

I have written the rexx code for the same; however it is only working on the PDS (DSORG=PO).I have tried to execute the same code with members maintained in Panvalet(***.PANB.SOURCE) , but its not working and getting abend as "Dataset is allocated to another job or user".

Please advise how should I proceed.Thanks!!

• 4.  Re: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2015 10:59 AM

HI,

I suggest you copy the members from your Panvalet panlib to a PDS and then you can run your REXX program.

Best Regards,

Elayne

• 5.  Re: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Posted Nov 16, 2017 11:52 AM

You might also look into using the "Panvalet Access Method" (PAM), documented in Chapter 11 of the "System Management Guide", release 14.6.

I have only used PAM in batch mode, but you may be able to adapt your REXX application to do so, as well.

May you have continued good luck!

• 6.  RE: Re: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Posted Apr 19, 2022 02:33 PM
    Edited by cartlon flores Apr 20, 2022 02:49 PM
    How can I browse a Panvalet member in REXX? I want to search through the FD's (COBOL source) and match them to the DD's in JCL that we're analyzing. And if possible I'd like to do it without any batch jobs (I've used that in the past to extract Panvalet members to a PDS).

• 7.  Re: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 03:43 PM

You could also try using subsys PANV. to print the member from the panlilb

Here is an example of the JCL.

//* ========>  PRINT THE MEMBER WITH PANV

//*

//PRNT  EXEC PGM=IEBGENER

//STEPLIB  DD  DSN=LIBSYS.PANV.V14R6.LVL1.CBA3LINK,DISP=SHR

//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*

//SYSUT1   DD  DSN=LIBSYS.PANV.V14R6.LVL1.PANLIB(CICSMAP),

//             DISP=SHR,SUBSYS=PANV

//SYSIN    DD  DUMMY

//SYSUT2   DD  DSN=HOBEL01.OUTPUT,DISP=SHR

• 8.  RE: Hi, I am new to CA-Panvalet and have given a task to write a REXX code to browse a Panvalet Source PDS, I have tried but unable tpo access a PAnvalet PDS. Could you pllease help me on this?

Posted Jun 16, 2021 11:39 AM
     have only used PAM in batch mode, but you may be able to adapt your REXX application to do so, forpc jfi.cam/jiofilocalhtml/