Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone run PGM=EDCALIAS,PARM='DIR' in processors?

Posted Apr 23, 2019 12:55 PM

How do you avoid running the step for every object in the package?  I'd like to remove some external batch jobs and let Endevor Processors do the work - but we don't want to update the object directory until all source module have compiled...

• 2.  Re: Does anyone run PGM=EDCALIAS,PARM='DIR' in processors?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 23, 2019 05:00 PM

The object module is created at compile time and populated in the object library by the Endevor processor, no?  What does PGM=EDCALIAS,PARM='DIR' do?     

• 3.  Re: Does anyone run PGM=EDCALIAS,PARM='DIR' in processors?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2019 12:55 PM

Hi Rick,

I don't understand why you would want to avoid running a step in a Package.  A package contains the SCL for the actions you want performed together such as Move all these elements from Stage 1 to Stage 2.  

If you don't want something done in the package execution - remove it from the package. 

Normally, if you can run a job outside of Endevor, we can convert it into an Endevor Processor. 

Again, I don't understand what you mean by update the object directory until all source modules are compiled. 

Are you compiling a specific set of programs and don't want the "production" load library / PDSE library updated unless all programs compile successfully?  

Don't know anything about EDCALIAS so Googled it.  According to the IBM site this is a migration tool --

Note: Aliases that the EDCALIAS utility generates are supported only for migration purposes. Use the EDCALIAS utility only if you need to provide autocall libraries to both prelinker and binder users. Otherwise, you should use the ALIASES(ALL) option, and bind separate compile units

Folks have written Endevor Processors explicitly for migration purposes. 

Basically, don't have enough information to give you specific answers.

June

• 4.  Re: Does anyone run PGM=EDCALIAS,PARM='DIR' in processors?

Posted May 13, 2019 10:47 AM

Greetings,  We use the EDCALIAS Utility to generate directory listings for all of the members in the object library.  the directory needs to be updated once before any package elements can be linked.  We might have a package with a hundred C  modules that generate object - the directory update is a waste of resources if it runs after every module.  We'll study the ALIASES(ALL) option and see if that fits the bill.  How can I code a processor to recognize when all of the C/ASM/COB modules have compiled and then run the EDCALIAS utility to update the directory before the LINK's start...

thank you.

Rick